Home PSA Set Registry Forum

WOO HOO, I just completed my 1966 birth year set last night in PSA 7 nq or better.

Of course I had to pay through the nose to do it. $20 over VCP because someone else had to want it also. It wasn't even that sweet of a card but I had missed others in the past and it has been 8 months since a 1966 PSA 8 of #561 Choo Choo Coleman had surfaced. Oh well, I am done and it is something sweet I can leave to my kid when I croak image

Comments

• BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    congrats - completing a large registry set is always satifying.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go!!!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Dean,

Congrats on the accomplishment. It is a very nice set with many tough cards to find. Will you just leave it alone now or tinker with it changing out cards?

Jeff
  • tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jeff, How many of the 598 did you sell me in PSA 7? It was you wasn't it? My memory is about as long as my ##$$%$. At this point I am just going to take a break from it. I want to concentrate on finishing the 71, 72, and 73 sets I am close to completing. I have a list of needed cards on the BST board if any of you guys care to take a look and see if you can help me out. Thanks again! Dean
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Yea it was me Dean...my memory is not so good either but think it was probably close to 100 cards. Good luck with your other sets. I have been working on numerous sets for years but have not yet been able to complete one. I am getting close now on my 56 set which is at 94%. Wish me luck.

Jeff
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats Dean!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Congrats from a fellow collector born in 1966!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Well Done Dean! Congratulations
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Good job on completing this set.

Any set finished , carries with it a great deal of satisfaction.

image-- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Congrats-I was born in 66 too..I bought a 66 mustang for my 40th bday..I love the 66 set. I guess that will go to my son when I croak !
  • cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Dean!

Sweet Set!!
  • benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    way to go!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Excellent Dean,

BTW, how has the coaching been going this summer?

D
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Dean! One of my favorite sets. image
  • tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Oh, the coaching this summer. I played the other 5th and 6th grade team from my town the other night. Their home run hitter came up and hit one over the fence in the first inning. The third inning he comes up again and grounds out. I look up and four batters later he is batting again. I call time and ask what is going on and you would think I would have insulted the entire team and all the parents. I am instantly told I am not in it for the kids, am a cheater, am a baby, need a diaper. I don't say much of anything then my parents are screaming at the other teams parents. I finally say forget about it but get your batting order straight. Four innings later another kid slaps one over the fence, I look down at the lineup sheet and they are out of order again. I call time again and ask what is going on. I get screamed at some more and the other coach says I am done I quit, line it up boys. I am still leading 9-7 at this point and they wouldn't listen to anybody. The umpire is a 16 year old kid who is dumbfounded at it all. The chief umpire happens to be there and comes out. He says ok if you are quitting then you lose. It was CRAZY. Unfortunately, I have to play them again on Monday. Oh boy! Things like this make me not want to coach anymore. We are 6-2 with four games left.

SKY
    The Sky Pilot

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Great set. Congratulations
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, the coaching this summer. I played the other 5th and 6th grade team from my town the other night. Their home run hitter came up and hit one over the fence in the first inning. The third inning he comes up again and grounds out. I look up and four batters later he is batting again. I call time and ask what is going on and you would think I would have insulted the entire team and all the parents. I am instantly told I am not in it for the kids, am a cheater, am a baby, need a diaper. I don't say much of anything then my parents are screaming at the other teams parents. I finally say forget about it but get your batting order straight. Four innings later another kid slaps one over the fence, I look down at the lineup sheet and they are out of order again. I call time again and ask what is going on. I get screamed at some more and the other coach says I am done I quit, line it up boys. I am still leading 9-7 at this point and they wouldn't listen to anybody. The umpire is a 16 year old kid who is dumbfounded at it all. The chief umpire happens to be there and comes out. He says ok if you are quitting then you lose. It was CRAZY. Unfortunately, I have to play them again on Monday. Oh boy! Things like this make me not want to coach anymore. We are 6-2 with four games left. >>

Congrats on the set, BOO to the folks who got on your case during the game.........what'd they think that you wouldn't notice the best player is coming up again four batters later???? Reminds me of one of my son's freshman basketball games which fortunately had parents support when the coach intervened....there was less than a minute left and my son's team was losing by 3....they fouled to send one of the worst free throw shooters to the line for a 1 and 1. The opposing coach called time out and when they came back out to shoot the fouls he placed his best free throw shooter at the line thinking no one would notice....my son's freshman coach noticed right away and remedied the situation......proud to say the kid missed the front end and my son eventually made a 3 to tie the game which they won in OT. Irony of the situation is my son has since played on the coaches summer league travel team the last 2 years and we always have a great laugh about it. When it happened we thought the coach was a real a-hole but turned out he is one of the best coaches my son has had.........
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    by the way I forgot to mention that my year of birth is 1952 and all I can do is dream about ever putting that set together......image
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Congrats! How long did you work on the set?? I've been plugging away at my '62 set since '05 and am finally above 95%. Those last cards are definitely getting some bigger than usual bids from me! image

Thanks for sharing your experience!