Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Crossover disappointment

I just subbed a sgc 98 for one of my set registry sets and it came back a 9. Has this happen to anyone else. I was really expecting a 10.

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    It's rare that they'll cross over at the same grade, especially if the card is valuable. You'd have better luck cracking and subbing.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Crossovers for me have always been unsuccesful.I than began cracking and my SCG would usually grade out the same as PSA.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He must have cracked it as otherwise it would have been MG. Bummer.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He must have cracked it as otherwise it would have been MG. Bummer. >>

Or he could have submitted it without a minimum grade specified. In that case, PSA cracked it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He must have cracked it as otherwise it would have been MG. Bummer. >>

Or he could have submitted it without a minimum grade specified. In that case, PSA cracked it. >>

I believe a minimum grade is required when submitting a crossover. I once submitted a crossover with no MG and they emailed me saying it's req'd. He must have submitted it and stated an MG of 9, which he got. Still a bummer.

Jasen
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the crossover service real?
  • Options
    I thought it was a sure 10. I put a 1 in the MG box. I figured it was a gem mint card. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Gutsy
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    does it really exist?

indeed!
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Beyond gutsy, you never know when they are going to call a card in an sgc or bvg holder trimmed. That said, crossovers and reviews both do far better when cracked out in my experience. I'd never crack out a gem card however.

I did have one sub a few years ago where I crossed 50 75 minis from bvg holders (still in the holder), a whole bunch of them upgraded. 5 bvg 9s wound up in psa 10 holders. That was the one and only good crossover experience I have had.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    what is the card in question?
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I have never found crossovers to work, and I never do it that way anymore. Any card that I have from another grading service I crack out and send in. It's the only way to go.
  • Options
    The card is Carlton Fisk 1983 Fleer #235. I got the card back today. After looking at the card again, I have to agree with PSA. The top/bottom margin is off a little. Out of the 38 Fisk cards that have been graded on 3 have come back gem mint.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought this was a thread about Cher's daughter. ;-)
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I think crossing over GEM MINT grades from any of the big three grading companies to any of the others is a crap shoot, at best. I would never crack and submit raw in hopes of a 10 -- I would only crack MINT 9s-
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.