Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone know/use good software?

Does anyone know or use a good baseball card inventory software program? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    I use Excel, works well for me.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I enter it into vcp, and then export it to excel

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I do...

If I'm collecting either a player or a set, I open an excel spreadsheet and copy all cards pertaining to the player or set there. I use colors to help me idenitfy quickly how my set is progressing. At first all cards are in red, when I get a new card I hi-light that card in blue...this tells me I've won the card and it hasn't arrived yet. When I get the card, I change the color to black. So, at any given time, the spreadsheet is a conglomeration of reds, blues and black, which eventually turn all black.

If I'm updating a set or particular card, I copy the lower graded card to the bottom of the file with a few spaces in-between. This reminds me that I have a card to sell at some point. I also have the amount I paid for the card, the grade and I include the PSA card value as well. Sometimes I add the VCP average for a card I'm looking for and include the last sale price, date and may go back 2 or 3 sales to give me an idea of the difficulty of the card. I also have a running total of cost.

I house my collection under a "baseball collection" icon on my desktop. I simply click the icon and there they are, 1971 Red Sox, 1972 Red Sox, All-Time Red Sox, 1955 Topps Collection, etc, etc.

It takes some effort, but once you've got the data it's just a matter of updating as you pick up additonal cards or upgrades. I doubt you'll find a baseball card inventory software that would fit your needs as each collector is different. Excel is the only way to go and cutom make the file(s) to suit your needs.

Works for me.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What I do...

If I'm collecting either a player or a set, I open an excel spreadsheet and copy all cards pertaining to the player or set there. I use colors to help me idenitfy quickly how my set is progressing. At first all cards are in red, when I get a new card I hi-light that card in blue...this tells me I've won the card and it hasn't arrived yet. When I get the card, I change the color to black. So, at any given time, the spreadsheet is a conglomeration of reds, blues and black, which eventually turn all black.

If I'm updating a set or particular card, I copy the lower graded card to the bottom of the file with a few spaces in-between. This reminds me that I have a card to sell at some point. I also have the amount I paid for the card, the grade and I include the PSA card value as well. Sometimes I add the VCP average for a card I'm looking for and include the last sale price, date and may go back 2 or 3 sales to give me an idea of the difficulty of the card. I also have a running total of cost.

I house my collection under a "baseball collection" icon on my desktop. I simply click the icon and there they are, 1971 Red Sox, 1972 Red Sox, All-Time Red Sox, 1955 Topps Collection, etc, etc.

It takes some effort, but once you've got the data it's just a matter of updating as you pick up additonal cards or upgrades. I doubt you'll find a baseball card inventory software that would fit your needs as each collector is different. Excel is the only way to go and cutom make the file(s) to suit your needs.

Works for me. >>

i also do something very similar, works perfect for me, at a glance i can see the different colors telling me where i am at.
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's