Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

You GOT to see this! Complete set of NFL Logos! My biggest Mark Brunell PC accomplishment to date!

Let the fireworks begin!!!

I've been trying to finish ANY Mark Brunell complete run on a single card (pack inserted cards) for a decade, but have never finished one off. I am close on many cards like 3 of 4 printing plates, 7 of 8 Leaf FOTG, 7 of 10 Patches, 16 of 25 autos, etc...finally I have completed one "set" and it happens to be ALL NFL Logos!

I consider this to be one of my favorite "niche goal" to accomplish!!!

2002 SPX Winning Materials NFL Logos (#1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5)!!!!

Thanks for looking and keep on jadeROCKing! Anyway, I'm always looking for rare Mark Brunell cards - My Mark Brunell wantlist

All FIVE together!
Most complete single player collection: ULTIMATE MARK BRUNELL COLLECTION

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's great!! Congrats. That's gotta be something real tough to do

• MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice. Looks like somewrote wrote "jaderock" over all five of them....strange. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work - those are great cards. Getting all 5 is really impressive!

Tabe
  • All 5..Wow ! Congrats.

Custom display frame for a wall?
    imageimageimage
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I was jadeROCKing this past weekend, but my wife made me stop
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!

congrats that must be hard to finish a set like that

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very impressive, thanks for sharing.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That's a neat accomplishment. Did you place ads everywhere to buy the cards or did you just do dilligent searching looking for them all?

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Congrats image Way to go! I am very impressed!
    Just noticed that on the individual hand numbering, one is in black ink and the rest are blue ink. All appear to be the same handwritting. (Might be scans).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • jaderockjaderock Posts: 185 ✭✭

<< <i>Just noticed that on the individual hand numbering, one is in black ink and the rest are blue ink. All appear to be the same handwritting. (Might be scans). >>

All are Blue ink...the larger #1/5 looks black tho....what other sites are you on? I recognize that dog for somewhere else I think?!?

<< <i>That's a neat accomplishment. Did you place ads everywhere to buy the cards or did you just do dilligent searching looking for them all?

Mike >>

Just good ole fashion patience and luck.
    I post every blue moon on the Sports Card Forum and have seen you there. I also remember your long thread on Beckett they deleted.

I think if I posted a dozen more times I could likely be a Steve Young super collector over at the SCF, and might and some time apply as I imagine it gets more offers and the like.

I don't think I ever uploaded Lea La's photo...my oldest dog...over there, but who knows. Maybe I did at Beckett or elsewhere.

If anyone has not checked out jaderock's website, you should. He has by far the most complete modern football player collection. Possibly most complete modern any sport and most complete all-time.

I do however also remember he is hoarding some Brunell/Young card I am missing. Not sure what I think about that. image
    Thank you everyone...it took 8 years but it was worth it.

<< <i>I was jadeROCKing this past weekend, but my wife made me stop >>

JadeROCKing is a lifesytle...not for everyone, but it's fantastic when you get into it! :LOL:

• Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Congratulations!image

I really like to see this type of "niche" collecting and I admire your focus.

Robert
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    are you really worried about someone stealing those scans?
  • Cool cards. Congrats on completing this subset.
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    fantastic accomplishment - congrats!

Walt, you're better than that - no need for the douchy comment.

<< <i>I do however also remember he is hoarding some Brunell/Young card I am missing. Not sure what I think about that. image >>

The only Young/Brunell card that I'm "hoarding" is 2000 Vanguard Game Worn Jersey Dual Patches (#/15)...Is this the card you are referring too? I remember losing the (#8/15 - "dual jersey #") for crazy money back in the day...by chance, do you know who got that one?
  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    great job --- whats next on the gotta-complete list
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    As a fellow modern football supercollector, my hat is off to you. Great set!
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!! You must have a bunch of GU cards by now. How many exactly do you have now?