Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Who is rileytai? Suddenly shows up in the Franklin Registries with a most impressive set!!

Shows up with a superb #6 ranked set and knocks my bud LOR solidly down to 8th!

"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a Franklin collector, but that is one amazing set.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a short time, I thought about waiting until I had about 20-30 coins before updating my merc set again...and kinda going for the big surprise by jumping ahead of a couple of people....but I never thought of doing the entire set...and then one day WHAM-O there she is. Sure is surprising when someone does that out of the blue.

I like Franklins and that is certainly a nice set. I have a full set plus the 55 Bugs Bunny, all but 4 of them are raw though...and not worth slabbing. Mostly 63 and 64s with only a couple 65s and ....only a tiny few in FBL. I wish I had them all slabbed PCGS in a nice neat set but at this point, I would really just have to sell them all and start over and only buy the slabbed ones so as to not completely lose my butt. I built my Franklin set between 2002 and 2008.

Greg
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    He He -----

not mine but nice set image

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Member here since Nov 01
    Franklins
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I just started a washington set and added almost 30 coins in one sitting.

But that is one gorgeous set! and btw you need more pics in your registry set. image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    balls !

first we got Sourdough blasting onto the Registry and now this set appears out of nowhere !

I did not recognise a single coin in the set .............but I bet R. Tomaska knows who owns it .

I know who it's not image

never found out who Sourdough was either .

a clue might be both S.D and Tai have 1955-P's in 66 FBL from the same source ....... both coins look very similar and came from the same submission ........
  • Options

<< <i>Shows up with a superb #6 ranked set and knocks my bud LOR solidly down to 8th! >>

Ira's back in command
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    That is a nice set. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Greg!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Yes PP, I'm sure RT has something to do with it. Nice set.
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Anybody know why the registry shows his 58D as a 66FBL while his photo includes the blue insert of a 67FBL?
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    .........sometimes the pix and cert. #'s get mixed up or outdated when there is an upgrade .............

I thought this rileytai feller was Bushmaster ............
  • Options

The registry also shows the 1949-D as a MS66FBL but the photo and blue insert show an MS65FBL.An MS66FBL 49-D is 20 times more valuable than an MS65FBL 49-D

Everybody's got plans--until they get hit
    --Mike Tyson