Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Feedback advice???

So I have some items on eBay. I had this Peyon Manning auction end yesterday LINK. The buyer promply pays for the item and all is good. Well later last night I am checking my feedback and notice a netural feedback. Sure enough this buyer left me neutral feedback on an item that had just ended a few hours earlier!

I sent him the following eBay message:

Hi,

Thanks for your purchase today. Can I ask why you left
neutral feedback already? I am worried this will hurt my
pending bids.

Thank you

His response this morning is as follows:

sorry but i realized that i wasnt very saticfied with the price. but dont worry neutral wont effect ur future buyers. and im wondering when u will send the card and when u think i will recieve it. thanks ---------- Sent from AT&T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

If he was not happy, I would have let him cancel the deal and sent a second chance offer to the next bidder.

Will this neutral have any impact on my fees or effect potential buyers? Can I contact eBay to see if they will remove it?

Hook'em

Comments

• Options
    With your already high feedback, it would not stop or change my bidding with you. I think many people would see that the person leaving has a low number (meaning fairly new) and agree.

Doubt ebay would do anything to change, but since it was left before the item was shipped maybe you could try. I really would not sweat it much, you are established with plenty more positives to offset this 1 dillhole.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I would refund that jackass's money and tell him to blow goats

what's his ID?

• Options
    He was satisfied when he placed the damn bid. What a complete moron. I'd tell him doesn't deserve the card as well
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>I would refund that jackass's money and tell him to blow goats

what's his ID? >>

xelitex21
    Hook'em
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Yes, it will hurt you. He likely dinged your stars also. You might try calling eBay, since he left it so soon after the auction they might decide that is it was feedback manipulation. Use those words to the eBay person as well as that is against ebay rules.

Mostly likely, eBay will not care.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

The card would be "damaged" while I was packing it.

The "buyer" would get an IMMEDIATE refund.

I would have NO further contact with the "buyer."

You can try pitching EBAY about removing the FB, but
    it prolly won't fly. Worth a try, tho.

And, put that worthless "buyer" on you Blocked Bidder List.

By October, in a drive to reduce seller-fee discounts, NEGs
    and NEUTs and DSRs will be even more harmful to sellers than
    they are today.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>

By October, in a drive to reduce seller-fee discounts, NEGs
    and NEUTs and DSRs will be even more harmful to sellers than
    they are today. >>

With the amount of effort they go through to remove discounts, why even put the program in place?
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

what's his ID? >>

This.

BBL thanks
  • Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    I would drag this out and make the buyer waste their time wondering about delivery and then tell them oh it looks like it was lost here is your money back. F that buyer.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Why waste time and more listing fees by refunding his money. He already paid for the item at the price you wanted and he already dinged you with the neutral so unless you can go back in time to cancel his bid I would send out the card and move on with your life realizing that the world is full of people who do things that will upset you.
    That is what happens when you have to deal with the general public.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>Why waste time and more listing fees by refunding his money. He already paid for the item at the price you wanted and he already dinged you with the neutral so unless you can go back in time to cancel his bid I would send out the card and move on with your life realizing that the world is full of people who do things that will upset you.
    That is what happens when you have to deal with the general public. >>

This is what I have decided to do. I am also taking the advice above to figure out how to ban him from futher bids on my items. I would hate for him to screw me over by winning some of my other items ending tonight.

I will at least give eBay a call and see what they tell me.

Thanks everyone.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    I had a jerk to do something similar to a non sport card related item that sold for a whopping $2 . If ebay removes yours.. Please tell me the steps to remove my neutral!
    Look up the sellers name and find out who the dude is.. I found my guy on myspace and he looked like a guy from the hills have eyes lol

1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options

<< <i>Why waste time and more listing fees by refunding his money. He already paid for the item at the price you wanted and he already dinged you with the neutral so unless you can go back in time to cancel his bid I would send out the card and move on with your life realizing that the world is full of people who do things that will upset you.
    That is what happens when you have to deal with the general public. >>

revenge is too much fun for that nonsense
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I think this may be the tops for me. He bids on an item and then leaves a neutral because he didn't like the price? I've gotten dinged a few times and I thought they were pretty ridiculous reasons and had no warning to try and fix the issue, but this takes the cake.
  • Options
    I called eBay and they said the buyer did not violate any feeback policy! They showed me where to go to request a feedback revision from the buyer. So in the end eBay wants me to beg the buyer to change the feeback. Such BS but I am going to send the request cause he also dinged my stars image
    Hook'em
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Ebay has lost touch with reality.....it's what happens when you get too big for your britches!

PS - Does Ebay want you to beg?? Maybe you can offer the guy to pay HIM and then let him keep the card. Maybe you can PayPal him $20 or so......and see if he will remove the feedback....
  • Options

<< <i>

what's his ID? >>

xelitex21 >>

"xelitex21" Welcome to my BBL.

Since he has already left feedback, I'd wait 5 to 10 days before I'd ship then again i might never ship and let him file a claim. Screw buyers like this.
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323

<< <i>I think this may be the tops for me. He bids on an item and then leaves a neutral because he didn't like the price? I've gotten dinged a few times and I thought they were pretty ridiculous reasons and had no warning to try and fix the issue, but this takes the cake. >>

Wow,
    I agree, what a Frikin' joke. Since he already left Feedback, so he can't do anymore damage, I am with the side he says he gets nothin'. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And thanks.................He's on my BBL.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Since he cant hurt you anymore, I would wait until the last possible second to ship his item or better yet, dont send it at all. M ake him go through paypal hoops and ebay hoops to get his refund.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Well the buyer changed the feedback from neutral to positive. So at least in the end it ended fine.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    He is a freaking idiot......that beats all I've ever heard!! Neutrals for everybody I buy from then.....Cause I want all my cards for pennies on the dollar (wait - I can't buy from myself!) :-p
  • Options

<< <i>He is a freaking idiot......that beats all I've ever heard!! Neutrals for everybody I buy from then.....Cause I want all my cards for pennies on the dollar (wait - I can't buy from myself!) :-p >>

YeeHahimage
    Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Well the buyer changed the feedback from neutral to positive. So at least in the end it ended fine. >>

Evening,

+1 for taking the High Road and not listening to those HotHead Idiots like Bobbyw8469 and Zep33 and Italianstallionyankees and Mphilking and thedutymon and diamondman and all those other idiots who would jump at the chance for a confrontation with a Douchbag Buyer!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimageimageimage
  • Options
    the real big question now is, after he receives the card. can he change his feedback again and neg you?

how many times can a buyer change his feedback??????????
  • Options

<< <i>Since he cant hurt you anymore, I would wait until the last possible second to ship his item or better yet, dont send it at all. M ake him go through paypal hoops and ebay hoops to get his refund. >>

So what I am reading on the forum is if the guy give you his opinion (which is what feedback is) and you don't like it you should go ahead and rip the person off. This is exactly what is wrong with the hobby today. To me that is kind of sad and pathetic that someone would have no problem doing that just because the disagree with them. Tthe guy should of at least contacted you about it first and I agree that it was bad not to but he did not leave negative, he left neutral and it was his opinion.

If this is the worst thing going on in your life right now take a look around with all the wars and oil spills and other stuff and consider yourself lucky and move on.

Edited to note that I am not slamming the seller of the card but the people who have no problem ripping others off for disagreeing with them.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Since he cant hurt you anymore, I would wait until the last possible second to ship his item or better yet, dont send it at all. M ake him go through paypal hoops and ebay hoops to get his refund. >>

So what I am reading on the forum is if the guy give you his opinion (which is what feedback is) and you don't like it you should go ahead and rip the person off. This is exactly what is wrong with the hobby today. To me that is kind of sad and pathetic that someone would have no problem doing that just because the disagree with them. Tthe guy should of at least contacted you about it first and I agree that it was bad not to but he did not leave negative, he left neutral and it was his opinion.

If this is the worst thing going on in your life right now take a look around with all the wars and oil spills and other stuff and consider yourself lucky and move on.

Edited to note that I am not slamming the seller of the card but the people who have no problem ripping others off for disagreeing with them. >>

Did you bother to read the reason he left a neutral? All bets are off after someone that stupid has the audacity to breath the same air as the rest of us

and no one was saying to rip the guy off - he should have been given his money back and told to screw
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Edited to note that I am not slamming the seller of the card but the people who have no problem ripping others off for disagreeing with them. >>

Did you bother to read the reason he left a neutral? All bets are off after someone that stupid has the audacity to breath the same air as the rest of us

and no one was saying to rip the guy off - he should have been given his money back and told to screw >>

The quote was to "not send him the card he paid for and let him go through the paypal hoops and ebay hoops to get his refund back". That sounds like getting ripped off to me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

and no one was saying to rip the guy off - he should have been given his money back and told to screw >>

Also, who cares what the reason was. Granted it was a pretty dumb reason but it still was his opinion.
  • Options
    The moron wasn't happy with the price that he, himself bid on the card - a whopping $13 and change

The opinion he gave was only an opinion of himself - not the seller. What part of this are you not getting?
  • Options

<< <i>The moron wasn't happy with the price that he, himself bid on the card - a whopping $13 and change

The opinion he gave was only an opinion of himself - not the seller. What part of this are you not getting? >>

I think you are misunderstanding. The buyer feedback reflects the opinions of the buyer- not the seller- hence the term " buyer's feedback." How could the buyer be giving the seller's feedback. Not rocket science there. And I did say that the reason for the neutral was dumb- no arguments there. The guy was a moron for bidding on the card if he thought it was too high.

I just get upset when people think it is OK to rip someone off by not shipping them the card that they paid for. That's all. Again, if I paid for a card and the terms state X amount of days for delivery, I expect it to be shipped out in that time period; barring any unforseen problems. By not shipping out his card out of spite and letting the buyer hang and have to work to get his money back is wrong. If you can't see that I can't help you there.
  • Options
    The reality of the feeback he left is only a reflection of himself for paying what he felt, after the fact, was too much for the card. Hence, he left the feedback for himself and it has no bearing whatsoever on anything that the seller did or did not do which is what feeback is supposed to be used for.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    The feedback a buyer leaves should reflect his/her opinion of the transaction.

The fact that this douchebag is unhappy because he thinks the price he bid was too high is quite possibly the dumbest, most infuriating thing I've ever heard regarding Ebay feedback. And of course, Ebay will NEVER have the seller's back on a feedback issue.

Hell no, don't send the card out.

edit..I just saw the post where the seller changed to positive. So send the jerkass the card and definitely leave him on BBL
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    His next move is a snad.

So why bother even sending it?

Make him sweat for his 13.00

While he sweats you move on with your life.

Steve

edited to add: This all happened yesterday right? How was the buyer able to change the feedback?
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>The feedback a buyer leaves should reflect his/her opinion of the transaction.

The fact that this douchebag is unhappy because he thinks the price he bid was too high is quite possibly the dumbest, most infuriating thing I've ever heard regarding Ebay feedback. And of course, Ebay will NEVER have the seller's back on a feedback issue.

Hell no, don't send the card out.

edit..I just saw the post where the seller changed to positive. So send the jerkass the card and definitely leave him on BBL >>

I am sorry, by not sending the card out because you are mad about feedback for whatever the reason it was left is wrong and technically stealing. If he did not pay you that is a different story but he did pay. You took his money and did not give him the product he paid for- that is wrong! If you have a business and continue to do this to your customers you won't be in business long and that is a good thing for the honest (yes, maybe stupid as well) people out there.
  • Options
    Skywalker

Hi, It is early and I admit I did not read this entire thread but the gist of it from what I did read

was that people were saying to refund the jackass and not send the card.

So how is that stealing? If someone did say keep the money and not send the card I agree that would be stealing.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Skywalker

Hi, It is early and I admit I did not read this entire thread but the gist of it from what I did read

was that people were saying to refund the jackass and not send the card.

So how is that stealing? If someone did say keep the money and not send the card I agree that would be stealing.

Steve >>

I agree, that would be fine if you refunded the money and not sent the card but one of the posts was to not send the card and let him fight with ebay to get his refund. (basically not refunding his money) That to me is wrong. If the whole intention was to refund and not send the card then I might of misread it and I am sorry for upsetting people by my mistake and posts. If the intention was to not refund the money and not send the card then I stand by what I said.
  • Options
    Sky even if someone said let him go through PP or ebay to get his refund

that still is not stealing as we all know that PP and ebay always and I mean always

side with the buyer. Heck he'd have his money back faster then if the seller sent the card.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Sky even if someone said let him go through PP or ebay to get his refund

that still is not stealing as we all know that PP and ebay always and I mean always

side with the buyer. Heck he'd have his money back faster then if the seller sent the card.

Steve >>

That could be true and maybe not stealing then he would fle a claim and you would have that on your record in ebay. i would rather just have a neutral than a claim against me for not sending a card.
  • Options

<< <i>the real big question now is, after he receives the card. can he change his feedback again and neg you?

how many times can a buyer change his feedback?????????? >>

No per the eBay feeback policy, I would have to send him a feeback revision request for him to be permitted to change the feedback again.
    Hook'em
  • Options

<< <i>

edited to add: This all happened yesterday right? How was the buyer able to change the feedback? >>

I called eBay and asked if the neutral and star rating could be removed. They said despite the obvious stupidity of the situation that he did not technically violate the feedback policy. The rep showed me how to send a feedback revision request to the buyer. I included a note that said since I started the auction at $.99, I had no control over the final price. I informed him that the neutral and negative stars could impact my fees eBay charges me on future transactions and might even scare off potential bidders. Later in the day I got an email from eBay stating that I had a change in my feedback.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Maybe the buyer (since he appears to be new to eBay) does not realize what positive feedback means to sellers. He might consider it similar to Amazon where buyers comment and rate transactions based on price quite often. At any rate I give him the benefit of the doubt since he quickly changed his rating.

BTW, he card is going out in today's mail in a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box.
    Hook'em
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sky even if someone said let him go through PP or ebay to get his refund

Steve >>

That could be true and maybe not stealing then he would fle a claim and you would have that on your record in ebay. i would rather just have a neutral than a claim against me for not sending a card. >>

There are a lot of people that will make a claim 2-3 days after purchase if they do not have the item in hand. They will usually release the funds after it arrives...but my point is, sell on eBay and you will get claims. Steve is absolutely correct.

I would have also not sent the card, refunded money, and not communicated with the buyer. List 1000 plus items and you can spend every hour of the day messing with buyers like him. It is quite possible, maybe likely, the buyer will e-mail with another problem when he gets the card.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Also, if you do hold it till he files a claim....eBay will refund all your fees if you are the seller and agree with the early refund. It is actually better off for the seller for the buyer to claim....not escalate, but claim.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Skywalker- You did not get the jist of my post. I NEVER said to rip him off. He would get his money back through paypal, but he would have to go through all the crap that the seller had to go through. I dont normally respond in anger, but to say that I inferred he should rip him off is the most ignorant dumb___ comment I have heard on this board in many years and that is saying a lot.

Ebay has become a haven for stupid people and if you think that I meant for him to rip him off then you belong there too moron
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Hook

Thanks for the explanation.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Skywalker- You did not get the jist of my post. I NEVER said to rip him off. He would get his money back through paypal, but he would have to go through all the crap that the seller had to go through. I dont normally respond in anger, but to say that I inferred he should rip him off is the most ignorant dumb___ comment I have heard on this board in many years and that is saying a lot.

Ebay has become a haven for stupid people and if you think that I meant for him to rip him off then you belong there too moron >>

I am a moron...witty comeback there, it looks like it took you all morning to think of that one. You can give Don Rickles a run for his money.

The way you worded your post made it sound like you were not going to refund him the money yourself but let him file a claim and have ebay refund it instead of you. I apologize if I misread your intention and that you meant for the seller to refund his money and not send him the card. I don't want to start the long weekend off pissing people off.

• Options

By October, sellers are in for some fun with the changes
    in "seller elligibility."

ANY EBAY/PayPal Dispute/Claim filed will give the seller
    a strike.

Both INR/SNAD disputes/claims are included in the math.

The most seller-friendly abstract seems to indicate that a
    seller with 400-FB may be able to avoid suspension,
    following the filing of ONE dispute/claim.

Even high-FB sellers are definitely at risk.

• Options

I went and looked back at your post to make sure that I did not read it wrong so that I could give you the benefit of the doubt because I felt bad about accusing you of giving the advice of ripping someone off. After further review of the play, the call stands. You did have the intention of not having the seller refund the money but to have ebay or paypal do it for him after putting up a fight. So to me that means ripping the person off by not sending him the product that he paid for. Regardless of whether he would get his money back from a third party I still think it is wrong for a seller to do. You can read it in black and white right above this post. I am not putting words in your mouth.

Remember, I am a moron so I put this all together while drooling all over myself and with my finger in my nose.
  • Options

"...<< Since he cant hurt you anymore, I would wait until the last possible second to ship his item or better yet, dont send it at all. Make him go through paypal hoops and ebay hoops to get his refund. >>...."

/////////////////////////////////////////////

After a claim is filed, that is simply how the refund process is
    allowed to proceed.

While I would have refunded immediately and NOT shipped the item,
    I understand the justice of making SCUM work for their refund.

The SCUM would have gotten his refund, no matter what the seller
    did/said.

On account of me being super LAZY, I also would not have called
    EBAY, and I would not have asked the SCUM to change the FB.

I would NOT advise others to play it that way, tho.

Hopefully, this "rehabilitated" deal will not become a SNAD-claim
    next week.

• Options
    72skywalker: just curious do you sell on ebay or do you just buy off of ebay?

because if you sell on ebay , you would understand why sellers get upset when the buyers leave low stars (causes seller to lose FVF discount) and with the new rules a neutral is just as bad as a negative. this buyer paid and then immediately left a neutral and dinged the sellers stars for item described, shipping time & shipping cost, the buyer had not received the item yet so he didn't know condition he also didn't know shipping cost or time of delivery yet. how do you justify a buyer doing this?

The buyer was being a moron and since sellers can't leave neutral or negative feedback. the seller has 3 options to get even with the moron buyer ship very slow or refund money and tell buyer to pound sand, or not ship at all and wait for buyer to file claim and then the buyer gets his money back. there are other options but I won't mention those.

the big question I have is why would a buyer leave feedback before they receive the product, leaving feedback before receiving product is stupid, because by leaving feedback it acknowledges that the buyer has received product and the transaction is complete.

done rambling so fire away.
  • Options

"...leaving feedback before receiving product is stupid, because by leaving feedback it acknowledges that the buyer has received product and the transaction is complete...."

/////////////////

For clarity............

FB having been left is NOT dispositive to an INR/SNAD-claim.

A seller will lose such an INR-claim, if he cannot prove delivery.

A seller will lose such a SNAD-claim, if his only defense is "the
    buyer left POS FB."

"FB has been left" is an auxilary/collateral defense and, alone,
    it is NEVER dispositive.