Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

UPDATED WITH PCGS RESULTS!!!! - New - Found a Mercury Variety for my set - RAW

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
Edited: 8-3-2010 With Update.

1942-D RPM-5 FS-501
There was only 1 Graded in AU55.
I just got the grade back from PCGS and added it to my set.

MS64FB!!! Currently the ONLY ONE in FB and is the Finest Graded at PCGS. I like to see the ZERO in the Pop Higher Column within the sets. Yipppeeeee!
Keyman Mercs Set

I hope to have about half of the varieties in high grades by mid September.....time will tell.
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like it.
    nice find

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    Also full bands.image
  • Options

<< <i>Also full bands.image >>

I hope you are right but I am not 100% sure. I do not have enough experience to make that call yet. I just don't own enough FB Slabbed coins yet. I hope to fix that soon. If it does not get the nod for FB, it will at least be close.

Greg
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin Greg. Where did you find that one?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice coin Greg. Where did you find that one? >>

Thanks Jon. I like this one because I can actually see the RPM with my naked eye. I just hope PCGS doesn't think the coin has been cleaned or messed with. I think it looks good but who knows.... Found it in a dealer's list online. I have been spending a lot of time online searching for things. I went to a fairly big show yesterday....and did not find ONE Mercury Variety to buy. The only ones I saw were 42 over 41 and 42 over 41 D.

Dave's Coins...He advertises a lot...
  • Options
    Bump for Results! image
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Congratulations! image
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations! image >>

Thank you. image
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    It is always nice to get good results. Nice find!
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    keyman64, excellent job on that new top pop, and, FB to boot! Way to go! image
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Congrats. You know the 55 is mine image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>Congrats. You know the 55 is mine image >>

Yes, indeed. We are in a very exclusive club. Owners of the 42 D/D. It is my understanding that Jon has one as well but still needs to send it into PCGS. Pretty cool. image
  • Options
    The first one I sent in came back Genuine. I still have that one, too, but they don't show up in the POP reports.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo-hoo! I like those "0 finer" columns too! Congratulations on a super find!

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice RPM and photography!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Congradulations on a spectacular find! That's quite an accomplishment--to hold in your hands the finest known, and to have found it yourself!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Thanks Leo! Thanks Scott! I am still very excited over it...but this week does have me shopping for many new toys.

Greg
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, I need to send mine in so I can join Greg and Tony.

Mine should 63 or 64, but the bands are just shy of being split.

I would be very pleased with 64.
  • Options

<< <i>Boy, I need to send mine in so I can join Greg and Tony.

Mine should 63 or 64, but the bands are just shy of being split.

I would be very pleased with 64. >>

Yes, yes you do! image.