Home U.S. Coin Forum

2010 plats.... a date now set

edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
08/12/2010 2010 American Eagle One Ounce Platinum Proof Coin: Preamble Series.........
given the latest pm price stability, these could be steep...... or not.. probably competing with the ag bullion puck set and possible proofs.

(l8-)>>

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They remain the only 2010 Mint Platinum game so..who knows,

and the 2009 Plat Proofs pricing remains above issue price, regardless of spot.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They remain the only 2010 Mint Platinum game so..who knows,

and the 2009 Plat Proofs pricing remains above issue price, regardless of spot. >>

Haven't been following them. What are the 2009's going for these days?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw $2,300 in a magazine.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Widely fluctuating around $2,000 to $2,500 for ungraded & 69s.

For 70s, widely fluctuation around $2,250 to $2,650.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    I have committed to buying all six years regardless of the platinum price. But at platinum hovering around $1524 today, my guess it will be the same issue price as last year's maybe lower if the DOW takes a dive. I am hoping platinum will hit 1200 ounce by the time these go on sale.
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold all of my platinum coins and decided to get out of collecting plat.
    It is just getting so expensive to keep up with. For now I stick with gold only.

• mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

and the 2009 Plat Proofs pricing remains above issue price, regardless of spot. >>

The only question will beimageo I buy 2 or 3?? A few of the well known dealers paid mint cost plus about $500.00 for he 2009s. So......
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    Has the 2010 design (or potential designs) been announced?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I don't collect these.
    I hope there's a household limit again so that I can sell them to the dealers.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8,000 was a sell-out.

what do you think? will they up the mintage limits ???

12k? 16k? none?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>8,000 was a sell-out.

12k? 16k? none? >>

Personally I don't see the point as a collector. There can only be 8000 complete sets possible (though probably unlikely). Now it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Mint takes advantage of after market speculation and offer more than 8000. If that is the case someone might be without a chair when the music stops. IMO the 2009's sold more for perceived rarity than outstanding artistry, but it will still be the key, unless the Mint decides to make less in this or future years. Then watch the number of 2009's spike on eBay.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not by much though (about $400 at present). Seems like a gamble to assume that this will hold. Just don't know about this one.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>8,000 was a sell-out.

12k? 16k? none? >>

10K limit it seems.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file