Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Large Cent Set open for viewing

cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you to all who have visited the Portraits of Liberty Large Cent Type set, either online or in person during the recent Long Beach display! I appreciate all of your kind comments and it was great to meet many of you at the show!

It's taken some time, but I've finally put together all of the images for the Complete Date Set 1793-1857, and that is now open for viewing HERE. This set is planned for display at the upcoming ANA show in Boston and the Baltimore show later this fall, and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it in person, or online.

--Cardinal

Comments

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    OH YEAH BABY!!!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow the 1794 Head of 1795 took my breath away! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardinal, Since your not willing to rent them for a weekend... when on show display is it possible to fondle your 1839-1843 Petite Heads image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big shout out to Cardinal for exhibiting this in Boston. There is considerable logistical & financial support necessary to put these things together. Can't wait to see it in person!
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous, thanks for posting.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely incredible set - I'm not worthy!! That 1799 is nicer than some of my middle dates!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Simply Phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Cardinal - when you take the set home, please don't stop for lunch on the way image
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that not the #1 finest set?It is an amazing set.Thanks for sharingimage
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Cardinal,

Your Early Dollars set was/is one of my Registry favorites. For me, you've just added another Registry favorite to my list.

Thanks for sharing. And congratulations on a superb, well presented, set of Large Cents.

Dan
  • Options
    TevaTeva Posts: 830
    Thats why its worth every dime I pay to be a PCGS member.
    Amazing stuff quality photos everything at your finger tips Thank you.
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>How is that not the #1 finest set?It is an amazing set.Thanks for sharingimage >>

I think they should do away with the "guess" graded registry sets. This should be the #1 Finest since it includes ONLY PCGS graded coins and there are no coins that were graded decades later from photos. Maybe we all can send in photos of our coins and have them graded by PCGS?

Congratulations on an unbelievable set!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Simply an amazing set!
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    I am just beyond words. Thanks for sharing. Simply amazing collection.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Amazing set of large cents. The 1793 Liberty Cap is gorgeous.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excellent show of numismatic knowledge! Well done!

While my experience in those series have been limited and of the lower quality material, I have always enjoyed them when someone shares their collection with me. My first was an older gentleman from the midwest who stored most of his cents and 1/2 cents in albums. They were of high grade and quality. I believe since then, has parted with his collection. I run into him at the area coin shows every once in awhile. He still gets around but with the help of a walker.
    And then there were the two dealers who specialized in them including the one, Tom Reynolds. I've always enjoyed looking over his coins.

Well, there went about 45 minutes of my time but well spent.

Thank you,

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    beautiful sets. Thanks for sharing them.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Thank you for sharing, a wonderful set, if I owned it I could sit for hours looking at it and never get tired of it.
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now I know where that ms69 wreath cent is!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow....I probably cant even dream of owning such nice early examples!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful set! Just had the opportunity to look through the entire thing. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    imageThanks for sharing.
    Becky
  • Options
    RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    killer...

...nice...

• Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly amazing set Martin. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A choice XF 93 Liberty Cap is a rare bird. indeed.

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    lovely set

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for all of your kind comments!

With much appreciation to co-hosts CFC and Bowers & Merena, the Complete Date Set 1793-1857 will be on display for the duration of the ANA show, August 10th through August 14th, spanning the CFC and B&M tables. So, if you're attending the show, please come on over to check out the display. All the coins will be there live, and you will even be able to see them up on the big-screen digital display.

As a souvenir to those who come by (subject to the supply), there will also be a free 40-page booklet about U.S. Large Cents, titled Portraits of Liberty, containing all of the text and images from the Portraits of Liberty Type Set:

And to Coinosaurus, I really appreciate your recognition of what goes into such a display. Many show attendees might not have any idea of the efforts and costs associated. The good people at B&M and CFC, especially Catherine Canuti, have been invaluable in handling all of the logistics of the display and for hosting the space required image, and, as far as the financial requirements are concerned, I will just say that they are not inconsequential. image

--Cardinal
  • Options
    FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Wow...

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

• Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    I just saw this set in Boston. All I can say is OMG! Fabulous
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I viewed the set. Words can't describe.

Thanks for speaking to the folks at the EAC club meeting this morning too, cardinal!
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    I'd love to have one of the booklets if any are still available. image
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome set!!!!

How about updating this post?

Guess The Grade 1840's Large Cents.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414

High grade Chain Cents are amazing!! I love being able to see the flow lines in the fieldsimage

Thanks for sharing!!

Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file