Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is the thought process of bad pictures

I can understand below average pictures with a point and shoot camer or something less than porfessional, but this looks like its an x-ray scan of a coin in a mule's stomach.

ebay link

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image from a scanner.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    Now i can finally say that i take better pics than someone else image
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...must really be a funky scanner. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • mumumumu Posts: 1,840
    Must be a scanner that they purchased on ebay with bad pictures.
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about this set of images, but most of the satellite images and other poor pix are due to just plain laziness.
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really bad scanner images. The thought was probably use of this pic is better than nothing at all.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Many people do not comprehend the difference between a good photo and a bad one - even something as simple as focus eludes many.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    It's a black-and-white image from a scanner with a piece of paper over the slab. The seller would have had to start the auction at $245 if he had to buy a digital camera! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a coin has problems, sellers sometimes purposely make the pics out of forcus to hide the problems. If the other items that he has for sale have fairly clear pics, that should tell you something.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• How do you know the coin really doesn't look like that in hand imageimage
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that the seller is thinking he wants to hide something,
    as the rest of his pictures seem to be OK
    LCoopie = Les
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is odd though how some coins sell for a premium based on a poor photo as all it takes are two battling it out on the hopes the 'reveal' is much, much more in hand.

peacockcoins

• Yikes! My cell phone could do a better job.
    Currently collecting Morgan Dollars and Seated Liberty Halves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file