Home U.S. Coin Forum

Quarterly Collectors Club Special

Does anyone know what the special is for the 3rd quarter?

Comments

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS will post it on their website usually within a week or so of the new quarter. The second quarter is not over yet. You can click the link below and refer back to it over the next week to see if the new speacial has been posted.

http://www.pcgs.com/pcgs_cc_special.chtml

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomorrow or the next day.

guesses?

any coin with the word "dollar" on it... celebrating the continued existence of it... for now.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    I predict that the next quarterly criterion will be posted tomorrow, and I hope that it'll fit one of the small handful of coins that I'm looking to have graded.

I'm currently awaiting the grade on my current quarterly freebie, and the fun is overwhelming!

LOVE those quarterly specials, PCGS!!!

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great that the value limit was raised from $1,000 to $10,000 this last time around... hopefully they maintain the higher value limit.
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>..any coin with the word "dollar" on it... >>

I hope you're right. I've got a Morgan to send in. image
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    3rd Quarter Special looks good to me!

3rd Qtr CC Special Linky

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>3rd Quarter Special looks good to me!

3rd Qtr CC Special Linky

image >>

The U.S. is part of the world..........
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The U.S. is part of the world.......... >>

I wish in PCGS' eyes it was... Well, I'm sure some people will get some use out of this quarterly freebie, but not me image
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

3rd Qtr CC Special Linky

image >>

The U.S. is part of the world.......... >>

That's what I was just thinking too image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Would pcgs count the US as part of the world? Will it get rejected?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

3rd Qtr CC Special Linky

image >>

The U.S. is part of the world.......... >>

(making it up to the rest of the collectors I guess...)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would pcgs count the US as part of the world? Will it get rejected? >>

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double dad gummit!!!! I just sent in a raw 1754 Pillar Dollar on Monday. It would have qualified!!!! image
  • icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Excellent Special!image
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
    Great special if PCGS agrees that the U.S. is part of the World... keeping my fingers crossed but something tells me that won't be their interpretation since they use a separate submission form for "World" coins.
  • TevaTeva Posts: 830
    This special is to promote the opening of there Paris facility and is not doing a thing for me I was disappointed.
    I have some old pfennings that look cool but I never dreamed I would be putting one of them in a slab but I kinda of feel obligated
    because of the value of the service and the cost of the membership.
    I have some old shillings also everything is raw though so its going to be a crap shoot.
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • IwantNonCCsIwantNonCCs Posts: 369 ✭✭
    Anybody successful in downloading a PCGS form for WORLD SECURE. Link takes me to the a form that says US only at top.
  • Had the same problem.
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    The REAL problem is that PCGS is not clear on what they say and mean. It isn't the first time. I believe they mean a coin minted OUTSIDE the USA for their third quarter freebee. They post a picture of a US Peace dollar and say World only ONCE in the entire script. My guess is that the wording will be cleaned up right after they get back from the 4th of July. Steveimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Mr. Willis will chime in and say the U.S. is a world coin and promote the Secure Plus Grading program once again with the 3rd Qtr. Special.!!!
    Hey, it's worth a try!!!! image

<< <i>The REAL problem is that PCGS is not clear on what they say and mean. It isn't the first time. I believe they mean a coin minted OUTSIDE the USA for their third quarter freebee. They post a picture of a US Peace dollar and say World only ONCE in the entire script. My guess is that the wording will be cleaned up right after they get back from the 4th of July. Steveimage >>

So, print it out and send in the picture/screenshot with the peace dollar and their wording QUICK! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No biggy . . . I appreciate the effort they make to offer a free grading and realize I won't be able to use every one of them.

This one is not for me . . . but I'm not going to complain . . .

Drunner
  • Well, if you click on the link for a submission form it come up as the same one used for US coins. Maybe they only have one form for all coins in the secure + program. May be worth trying to send in a US coin.
    Regards,

Jim
    There is definitely a separate form for World Coins to be submitted under Secure Plus... I got one on my desk that came with my latest renewal of membership.

• << <i>There is definitely a separate form for World Coins to be submitted under Secure Plus... I got one on my desk that came with my latest renewal of membership. >>

Yes indeed there is a separate SecurePlus submission form for World Coins. Without a doubt the quarterly CC special is intended for World coins.

Now, if out of kindness, PCGS would amend the announcement and make it "U.S. or World Coins", I'm very sure a big number of members would be smiling. image

Finger crossed.

Cheers!
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect, the determination of the CC special is up to PCGS and it's part of the deal. They could just as easily drop it entirely. If it works for you, great, and if it does not, well, you got 3 freebies this year instead of 4. The Q-2 one was certainly the best one ever.

Maybe we should search out a darkside coin related to US- say an 8 reales or maybe even go out there and do a Conder token?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spoke with Customer Service and they said to use the regular submission link for World Secure Plus, check "Other" under Service Level and write in "Quarterly Special" on the line next to the "Other" box.

I just did it and can confirm that it works, so my 1995 South African 1/4 oz. proof Natura Black Rhino will become enslaved in plastic very soon!
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I was reading this thread and wondering what I was going to send in, as I don't collect or deal in World Coins. I went down stairs to get a bottle of water and the Spanish Exchange Student we are hosting for the summer said she had a gift for me. It was a set of Spanish coins!!! I'll be sending the silver 200 PTAS in!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted wrong forum for the question.
  • deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    This is GREAT! I have an old Japanese coin I purchased for my son that we'd love to have slabbed and this makes it all the better. Thanks PCGS once again! 2 in a row on the CCQS! image
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Anybody figured out if US is part of "World"? I have a few gold mapleleaves in .99999 fine but don't think any of them would go 70. I wish I had that square beaver I missed out on a few years ago. I have a 2 oz silver sultan of brunei proof that I received as a gift but think I like it best in it's current packaging...
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Talked with PCGS rep today, World means non-USA.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll be sending in a Newfoundland 2 1/2 dollar gold piece...

<< <i>Talked with PCGS rep today, World means non-USA. >>

Well then, it is good they are getting the CC Quarterly Specials up early (on-time one might say) but someone needs to do quality checks to avoid issues and confusions.
    Not every member is a board member and I could see this causing confusion if someone say it and used it.

My guess is that, if it was done right away, PCGS would process it for customer service, but it certainly isn't worth any potential aggravation, by either party, when simple quality control checks could prevent it.

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks PCGS!!
    I'll be looking through my currently graded World coins for one worthy of a regrade try.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, where do I find the PCGS numbers for world coins?
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, where do I find the PCGS numbers for world coins? >>

The pop report has them at the end then look up by country.
    Edit to add link. Link
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So, where do I find the PCGS numbers for world coins? >>

The pop report has them at the end then look up by country.
    Edit to add link. Link >>

Thank you kindly. Looks like number 539804 for the pill of 1904image
  • Bummer i sent in a US coins before they added the non-us verabge to the special i wonder if they will reject it...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file