Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Large Cent Set open for viewing

cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you to all who have visited the Portraits of Liberty Large Cent Type set, either online or in person during the recent Long Beach display! I appreciate all of your kind comments and it was great to meet many of you at the show!

It's taken some time, but I've finally put together all of the images for the Complete Date Set 1793-1857, and that is now open for viewing HERE. This set is planned for display at the upcoming ANA show in Boston and the Baltimore show later this fall, and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it in person, or online.

--Cardinal

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Cow!!!!!

Thanks for posting the link image
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Incredible coins and commentary! Thanks!

Enjoy!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats just stunning image wtg for the time spent on that. life is way good
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful story, history and display. Amazing is a word that is used wayyyy too much, but not in this case. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Amazing coins. A great presentation. The 93 Liberty cap is just unbelievable. Thanks for a real treat.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    1st rate!!! Those are coins i could only dream of owning.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an education. Calling it a national treasure is not an overstatement IMHO.

The paintings of models for Liberty and the articles are excellent accompaniments.

"Liberty Parent of Science & Indus." - To my mind it doesn't get any better!!!

What a great view back in our nation's history.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your kind comments!

With much appreciation to co-hosts CFC and Bowers & Merena, the Complete Date Set 1793-1857 will be on display for the duration of the ANA show, August 10th through August 14th, spanning the CFC and B&M tables. So, if you're attending the show, please come on over to check out the display.

As a souvenir to those who come by (subject to the supply), there will also be a free 40-page booklet about U.S. Large Cents, titled Portraits of Liberty, containing all of the text and images from the Portraits of Liberty Type Set:

--Cardinal
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    MARTIN,

Does this mean you are selling your large cents ?

Stewart
  • Options

<< <i> Does this mean you are selling your large cents ? >>

Hi Stewart,

The display is intended just as an educational exhibit. The type set sub-set was displayed at the Long Beach show this past June, but this will be the first time the entire date set will be on display. If you are able to make it to the ANA, please come by and check it out.

--Cardinal
    Portraits of Liberty
  • Options
    Copper just went up~ congrats~ image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't look at this set. I'd have to sell everything I own, get rid of my dogs and take out a 2nd mortgage (if they still do that) just to make a stab at a collection 1/100th as nice as this.image

Aw heck, I looked anyway.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.