Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Unpaid item dispute, and negative feedback.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can a buyer give you negative feedback if you open an unpaid item dispute against them? Two weeks ago, I sold a coin on Ebay. I've sent 4 invoices over the last 2 weeks as well as several emails asking them to make payment at their earliest convienence. I have not recieved a single response or payment. Today I decided to open an unpaid dispute against them. If they pay after the claim has been filed, can they then leave you negative feedback, as it would obvously be for spite at that point.

JJ

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can a buyer give you negative feedback if you open an unpaid item dispute against them? Two weeks ago, I sold a coin on Ebay. I've sent 4 invoices over the last 2 weeks as well as several emails asking them to make payment at their earliest convienence. I have not recieved a single response or payment. Today I decided to open an unpaid dispute against them. If they pay after the claim has been filed, can they then leave you negative feedback, as it would obvously be for spite at that point.

JJ >>

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If they pay, they can NEG you.

If they respond correctly to the NPB-filing - and don't pay you - they can NEG you.

If they don't respond correctly to the NPB-filing, they cannot NEG you.

There are "non-spite" reasons that a buyer might NEG a seller after an NPB-filing.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    They can leave a neg anytime but you may be able to have it removed if you can show it was done in spite. Just depends on how ebay feels when you call in and the other person on the phone. Good luck!!
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully all your correspondence with them was civil. If not, that would be the only logical reason to neg.
    Paul
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't leave a neg if they don't respond to the NPB dispute. That said, 4 invoices and lots of emails? After 2 weeks, perhaps I've sent the first reminder email.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

<< <i>They can't leave a neg if they don't respond to the NPB dispute. That said, 4 invoices and lots of emails? After 2 weeks, perhaps I've sent the first reminder email. >>

That might be the case if I accepted other forms of payment other than paypal. I usually send an invoice as soon as the auction ends, and then a reminder about every 4 days or so. I've also sent 3 reminder emails (maybe that isn't several) which have all been polite asking them to make payment at their earliest convienence. When dealing with electronic payment, I've found that if this amount of time elapses, usually either something is wrong with the account or the person has no intensions of paying. I don't think it's too much to ask for a simple response explaining the situation. I can guarentee, if someone paid and I waited for over 2 weeks to ship the item with no explanation or no response to thier inquires as to whether I shipped the item or not, I would end up with nuetral feedback at best.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew! I need to watch who I buy from on ebay I think.
    While this wasn't me, my last ebay purchase almost had to wait 10 days due to the fact that I had put in a snipe bid and was at the airport heading out on vacation when it won.
    When I got to where I was going, I didn't have internet access to do the paypal, at first. I finally got my phone tethered correctly and had some sort of access and paid him....2+ days after I won.
    He never complained, thankfully...and I did try to send him an email but almost couldn't do that.

Sometimes, things happen.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Whew! I need to watch who I buy from on ebay I think.
    While this wasn't me, my last ebay purchase almost had to wait 10 days due to the fact that I had put in a snipe bid and was at the airport heading out on vacation when it won.
    When I got to where I was going, I didn't have internet access to do the paypal, at first. I finally got my phone tethered correctly and had some sort of access and paid him....2+ days after I won.
    He never complained, thankfully...and I did try to send him an email but almost couldn't do that.

Sometimes, things happen. >>

2 + days is a hell of a lot different than 2 + weeks. Yes, things do happen, but considering this guy has a total of 14 feedbacks and one of them is from someone stating that this bidder bids on auctions and then doesn't pay, I would expect, that I will never hear a word from this guy.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJ, what I am saying is that if I was not able to get my phone tethered, or had not taken the laptop, my snipe, which I didn't think would win and was set up days in advance, would have won and the seller wouldn't have heard from me for almost 10 days.
    I usually don't vacation where I don't have access, but I was staying with family in a very old home without all the technology I am used to.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file