Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Coin Dealers and Kids books

I am working on a series of 4 kids coin collecting books.

The first is focussed on Coin Dealers and how they can help kids learn to enjoy our hobby
and help them get started on coins.

I have a lot of material so far, but looking for dealers to add they perspective, helpful hints,
ideas, examples, to help kids. For example, if a parent brings their child to a show, what they
might do to help the kids, show them a exciting coin, talk trivia of coins.

Also have presented ideas to show organizers to get kids in.

The objective of these books is to get kids involved in coins, they are our next generation.
I do not see a lot of kids at shows, without a next generation, our hobby will become only for
the rich and famous, and will go the way stamps have gone.

I am also looking for YN and senior YN perspectives for their ideas to help, how they have adapted and
overcame problems.

The other series of kids books are
Using Coins in the Classroom - to help teachers
Beginning coin collecting for kids
Family connections through coin collecting.

These books will all be 6*9, about 120 pages, semi-large font format, will shoot for $9.95 retail costs,
objective to get the books to families, kids, dealers, teachers..... to help get them involved.

If you would like to contribute articles, please write me at kevinjflynn88@yahoo.com

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin J Flynn

Comments

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin, I think this is a great idea and am glad to see someone caring enough to take the time to do this. Kids are our hobby's future, and they often need some enticing, as well as encouraging and educating - and you are a great one to put this information together for them. I already sent you an "article" but if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can help.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    kevinjkevinj Posts: 972 ✭✭✭
    Charmy,

Thanks for your article for the book, it adds alot to the book with material like this
    which will help other dealers in helping kids with coins

Thanks
    Kevin
    Kevin J Flynn