Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"shoutout to Illini420"...

ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Ugh, I forgot that dude existed.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Geese, at least you can say he never gives up...... image
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well he almost pronounced "illini" right image

Actually I saw him set up at the Ontario show as a dealer last weekend. He seemed to have some nice stuff in his case and seemed to be doing well. I even sold him a few things and got a modern hobo nickel from him. Of course, I'm still going to kick his butt in that CoinTalk investment competition... it doesn't end until December 1, so he may have celebrated too soon!!! image
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess he must... uh... know what he's... uh... know how to pick 'em, know when to pick 'em... I mean, he's been doing this for a long time... like four or five years!

Seriously, there must have been like 100 I's and 50 me's in that rant. Am I the only one that thinks he'd make a nice pet?
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, I thought I was having a flash back.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well he almost pronounced "illini" right image

Actually I saw him set up at the Ontario show as a dealer last weekend. He seemed to have some nice stuff in his case and seemed to be doing well. I even sold him a few things and got a modern hobo nickel from him. Of course, I'm still going to kick his butt in that CoinTalk investment competition... it doesn't end until December 1, so he may have celebrated too soon!!! image >>

I can't wait to see your video on Youtube.image
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Michael. You seem to have an admirer.
    Lance.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Am I the only one that thinks he'd make a nice pet? >>

ONLY if his mouth can be taped shut ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    That person sure is sure/full of himself!

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like times are tough as he only had enough money for 1/2 haircut and 1/2 a shave image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    He's like a bad cold that won't go away...
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    You know when some people think they are a genius? But they really don't know crap? and it's all in there head, they keep telling themselves they are really smart and a genius.... but are really just full of themselves.... that's BNB
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    The way he said "illini" says it all.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!

But I can't seem to center my head in the webcam....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    I like the "I'm not a big message board guy I think there pretty petty" part...

Then at the end of the video he's begging again to be allowed back on! image
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow!!!image

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    If he's not allowed on that forum, how can he be in the lead of that competition??
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the grand prize winner will get in the competition ???
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like times are tough as he only had enough money for 1/2 haircut and 1/2 a shave image >>

".... Shave and a Haircut...Two Bits..." He got a Piece of Eight Haircut and Shave

Glad to see that Mike has an admirer -
    what's this Coin Competition being spoken of ?
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder what the grand prize winner will get in the competition ??? >>

Reading the rules the prize is a raw AU 3 legged buffalo with a partial fingerprint! imageimage
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    BnB is such a nitwit

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If he's not allowed on that forum, how can he be in the lead of that competition?? >>

I was wondering the same EXACT thing! I think he got booted from the board (of directors) not the message board.?
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He looked like cross between a string bean and a banana at the Ontario show.
  • Options
    mikenoodlemikenoodle Posts: 60 ✭✭

<< <i>If he's not allowed on that forum, how can he be in the lead of that competition?? >>

well, the entries were all made and whoever has the best increase in a year wins, member or not.

It's not like there is any prize other than bragging rights, and believe you me, there is one thing that BNB couldn't possibly do and that is to brag any more than he already does.

For those of you who have asked, I decided to hold a competition on another forum to show just how bad an investment coins can be. I told everyone that wanted to enter that we'd all have $10K to spend and you had to provide a list. We'd value everything by the PCGS price guide and at the end of a year we'd see who had the most money. The real point was to show just how bad an investment coins are vs other more mainstream instruments.

When I virtually begged him to enter BNB merely said ok, give me 555 1986 Silver Eagles in MS-63. Now anyone who invests knows about diversity and realizes that this is a high risk play. To his credit, he has the largest portfolio so far, but there's still 5 months left.
    The shortest distance between two points in under construction. - unknown
  • Options
    oh, and BTW notsure, I saw him again and sent you a pm. Did u get it?
  • Options
    This guy is a total looser and it doesn't take a professional psychiatrist to know that.

He is tries to act like Cramer or Jim Rome to get followers.

See the difference is:
    "they know what they are doing"

You cannot even get a good education in 5 years which he has shown he has not based on his verbal and written communication.

And if he "knows what he is doing" why is it then he has nothing selling on ebay. I would think someone that "knew what they were doing" would be making millions on ebay.

"bullnbear" seems like a schizophrenic, whats the matter can't decide?

I really must be getting old because this kid looks like a baby to me.

Hey there BNB get a girlfriend or something. Oh wait "you don't know what your doing" when it comes to that.

Sorry please don't ban me your site will loose traffic. Oh wait I'm a newb I don't know what I am doing image

moneycrab
  • Options
    OMG I just checked out his myspace page

What looser full of himself. What I would pay to be 24 for a day.... NOT!!!!
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be a looser! image
  • Options

<< <i>

I can't wait to see your video on Youtube.image >>

image I don't think that will be happening any time soon!!!! I'm already getting enough publicity on YouTube image

Yeah, as mikenoodle said, its a contest over on CoinTalk that mikenoodle started up for fun to see how we all do with a hypothetical investment. In part to show how an investment in rare coins may do over a year vs. a bullion or other investment over the same time. Most of the participants chose a portfolio of rare coins adding up to $10k, but BNB was convinced bullion was the better play over the next year. So he bought the cheap silver eagles as a way to track bullion under the rules which say the investments are priced based on the PCGS guide prices. So far he's right, but yes, there are a few months to go! Of course, most of us know that one year isn't enough time to see much of a difference in a portfolio of rare coins, but whatever, it's just for fun. The contest started at the end of 2009 and BNB was banned over there (and here) shortly thereafter.
  • Options
    no wonder he is so full of himself. Not selfmade.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3047508/bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snFLXpn_4ms

ok I'm done hatin' on this guy :-)
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Is this guy a Herpes virus or something ? He keeps coming back..........
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options

<< <i>He looked like cross between a string bean and a banana at the Ontario show. >>

• Options
    in space no one can hear you scream.

He's on the internet in places that any teenager can be.

He has an acting career? Acting like a jerk, maybe.

My wife has appeared in more major motion pictures than he has and yet she doesn't feel the need for an IMDB page. Hosting youtube videos and credited roles in home movies don't impress anyone including casting directors.

Poor little rich kid who needs people to pay attention to him, so he makes a lot of noise in the corner and tells everyone in the crowd that they are creating a buzz about him. I have news for ya, when other people are saying your name it's a buzz, when you are saying your name it's called being a barker or an attention whore.

One thing that I think is completely lost on this guy is that you make a name for yourself first, then people admire you, then you can talk about it. He seems to have this process reversed.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like his confidence, not sure about his knowledge...but he is..,.

Kinda alike DH in the late sixties.....
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    As I mentioned in the Parsippany, NJ show thread:

"I will be attending along with BNB."

That's an unstated fact here. I do know Jared personally and I just came on the Collector's board to shine a little light on his situation.

He's sort of an uncontrolled ego maniac on the internet and he's gotten a lot of flak from his parents and friends for it. However, in real life he's pretty much the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I guess you can call what he does on youtube bad acting and that's the extent of it.

I will be attending the Parsipanny, NJ show this Sunday with him and since I'm down from Rhode Island, I plan on staying over his house. He has built up a great coin collection for his age and I wouldn't be closely following coins like I am now if it weren't for him showing me what a "PCGS Slab" was from his box.

I'm a new coin collector and had a hand full of junk silver passed down to me from my grandparents that needs to be counted. I've already been told by a few coin shops in my area that the coins are not worth a lot and they wanted to offer me an outrageously low price on it. I showed pictures of the lot to Jared and he told me otherwise. My name is Gregg and if any of you want to meet me at Parsipanny to validate the text to the face, then that's fine with me. Overall though, he's alright.
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's sort of an uncontrolled ego maniac on the internet and he's gotten a lot of flak from his parents and friends for it. However, in real life he's pretty much the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I guess you can call what he does on youtube bad acting and that the extent of it. >>

I agree with this. I have talked to him a couple occasions in person at shows and he is very nice and polite. If you stopped by his table at the show without knowing who it was, you would walk away with no impression because he is that quiet in person. He had a nice setup, sold some stuff and probably got a little bored since traffic got rather slow late in the day. I would say in real life he is rather reserved or that may just be because he was around new people at the show. Now I dont agree with everything the BNB persona has done online, but in person I think most would enjoy a conversation with him.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He's sort of an uncontrolled ego maniac on the internet and he's gotten a lot of flak from his parents and friends for it. However, in real life he's pretty much the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I guess you can call what he does on youtube bad acting and that the extent of it. >>

I agree with this. I have talked to him a couple occasions in person at shows and he is very nice and polite. If you stopped by his table at the show without knowing who it was, you would walk away with no impression because he is that quiet in person. He had a nice setup, sold some stuff and probably got a little bored since traffic got rather slow late in the day. I would say in real life he is rather reserved or that may just be because he was around new people at the show. Now I dont agree with everything the BNB persona has done online, but in person I think most would enjoy a conversation with him. >>

I agree with both of you. If I only knew of BNB (the YouTube) character, I'd like steer clear. However, I met up with Jay (the real guy) at a few shows, even had lunch with him and other after shows on a few occasions and he's overall a good guy. Seems to be really into not only making a quick buck on coins, but seems to really enjoy the history of coins and collecting in general. Sure, he still has lots to learn about coins and the coin business (most of us do), but I'm sure many of the folks on this board were in the same position or worse at his age.

That said, it is clear that Jay's online BNB character has done damage to Jay the real guy's reputation. He's still young enough that he could build back that rep though with some effort.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I agree with this. I have talked to him a couple occasions in person at shows and he is very nice and polite. If you stopped by his table at the show without knowing who it was, you would walk away with no impression because he is that quiet in person. He had a nice setup, sold some stuff and probably got a little bored since traffic got rather slow late in the day. I would say in real life he is rather reserved or that may just be because he was around new people at the show. Now I dont agree with everything the BNB persona has done online, but in person I think most would enjoy a conversation with him. >>

I agree with both of you. If I only knew of BNB (the YouTube) character, I'd like steer clear. However, I met up with Jay (the real guy) at a few shows, even had lunch with him and other after shows on a few occasions and he's overall a good guy. Seems to be really into not only making a quick buck on coins, but seems to really enjoy the history of coins and collecting in general. Sure, he still has lots to learn about coins and the coin business (most of us do), but I'm sure many of the folks on this board were in the same position or worse at his age.

That said, it is clear that Jay's online BNB character has done damage to Jay the real guy's reputation. He's still young enough that he could build back that rep though with some effort. >>

Coming from you Mike, that says alot. If I ever see him at a show, I will do my best to give him a chance.....Thanks :-)
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can I say about Jay... He's one of the koolest dudes out there in person. Seems to know a lot about the coin collecting business. I sure would like to be on one of his you-tube vids. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file