Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone have any lincolns get the + in secure +???

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen silver coins...just wondering if folks have gotten any plusses on copper (lincolns in particular)?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got three + on an eight coin submission. Also called a buddy that I had sold a coin to and encouraged him to submit for plus. He got it as well, so that makes four. They were all MPLs. Here are the photos. The top two are still mine. The RB 1914 was sold, and the 1913 was traded away by me for a 67 (also sold) a while ago.
    PR66+BN
    PR66+BN
    PR66+RB
    PR66+RB

It is also no secret that this coin holds a plus... a PR67+RB to be specific, from the McCullagh Collection of MPLs:

I also had the privilege of seeing a few plus MS Lincolns at Andy Skrabalak's table in Long Beach. One was an MS67+RD 1909 VDB, and I believe the other was an MS65+RD 1909 S-VDB. The SVDB was nice, but nothing to write home about. The P-VDB was incredible!
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamie; allcoinsrule, has one listed on the BST currently.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I also had the privilege of seeing a few plus MS Lincolns at Andy Skrabalak's table in Long Beach. One was an MS67+RD 1909 VDB, and I believe the other was an MS65+RD 1909 S-VDB. The SVDB was nice, but nothing to write home about. The P-VDB was incredible! >>

I stared at that 1909 VDB in 67+RD for a little while at Long Beach and that coin was smokin!!!!! I've looked at several 67RD examples and even acquired a very PQ example in 67RD from Andy which I love... but that 67+RD example is definitely a coin in a level above them all. if any VDB deserves to be a 68RD that one is it.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I posted last week, I sent in my 1914-D to Secure Plus..... but got a bump in grade instead.... image

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file