Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Change from Rite Aid

I got this in change and thought how amazing this wasnt picked out sooner.Just on the coolness factor. Just something different I dont see too often in my searches is this what they call a planchet break?( I would think the whole coin would have a big crack in it. I dont think its lamination since the strike is on both and a bit messed up on the top part. The 2nd T in Trust has a little doubling most likely machine doubling yet the rest doesnt sport any doubling.

Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Question to determine what is going on here. Is this a pre-82 copper content?
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a small lamination.
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Ah so it is lamination . ok wasnt sure. Ive seen streaks in a few WWII nickels that I was told were lamination errors. ( being the top layer was missing in a few areas) I didnt realize this too would be a lamination error. Good to know..

This coin is a 1940 P Lincoln
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I am totally amazed

... That rite aid is still in business! image
  • Options
    Oh you know it trading up them stocks at 34 cents a piece lol. My old drugstore i worked from Drug Fair went under in 09. But thats where I got some of my greatest currency finds. Rite Aid is more a coin finding store than paper money. I remember in 2004 at rite aid it got a roll of silver quarters for 10.00. tons o wheats. and last night that lamination error cent
  • Options

<< <i>Oh you know it trading up them stocks at 34 cents a piece lol. My old drugstore i worked from Drug Fair went under in 09. But thats where I got some of my greatest currency finds. Rite Aid is more a coin finding store than paper money. I remember in 2004 at rite aid it got a roll of silver quarters for 10.00. tons o wheats. and last night that lamination error cent >>

Hmmmm makes ya wonder.
  • Options
    The have been trading at under 50 cents a share for about 6 yrs now i think.

For as on coins. Its wierd how some companies are coin honey holes and some other ones are famous for paper finds. I take the good with the bad and hopefully you break even.

a roll of quarters from 1942-1949 isnt a bad roll to find for 10.00 even back then.

I never hit that one find in my years at rite aid that was an OMG moment or a really big find. Drugfair once I got a $1 with a nice serial number shift probably a 80 to 120$ note maybe. not bad for 1.00 but coins eh I never get that lucky.
  • Options
    Well I remember when I was around 12 or 13 my dad and I went to the "poorer part of town" and they had original bank wraps of 1976 $2 bills but I only had $200 on me at the time image I sold them on ebay for around $450 years ago.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked for Drug Fair for 4 years!! I loved that place. Its now a Walgreens......
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Yeah I remember the downsizing of the Asst. Managers thats where I ended up.

I tell ya I love the finds you could find in tills and such. I think that was the one thing I miss about working in Rite Aid and Drug Fair. Good days
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice error

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file