Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Filled another hole in the half dime LOC today

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
This one had been on my radar for a very long time. It was held by a fellow forum member who finally let go his grip on it for me. image

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice addition. That's a better date dime also!
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Great looking addition.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the best coins in my collection came from fellow forum members too! Congrats.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtg, nice pick up. its always nice to get a nice one
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice and original....congratulations Clad!

<< <i>some of the best coins in my collection came from fellow forum members too! >>

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladiator's coin originally came from Lynn Ourso at New Orleans Rare coins, then spent some time in the rhedden collection. I recently upgraded it (very slightly). Since Cladiator had been drooling over the first coin when I posted it here a year ago, I dug out his old PM and offered it to him.

The 1842-O can be tricky to locate in middle circulated grades. It should not be confused with the 1842-o dime, which is common overall as a date in circulated condition. Disappointing AU specimens of the 1842-O H10c turn up from time to time, and they usually have about as much head detail as Cladiator's example, at ten times the price. When I bought an extensive collection of half dimes (327 pieces) in 2005, the best 1842-O the collector could locate (in the 1935-1960 era) was a severely corroded XF. It was 4 years before I made an upgrade to Cladiator's coin, despite looking for a presentable example the whole time.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again RH.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file