Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU Board Members in the News

I got home late tonight to find the new Beckett Baseball in my mailbox. There are not just one but two articles that include quotes from CU members. First is BunchofBull on Frank Thomas 1990 error and backless errors. Second is from 1989FleerBillRipkencollector on well thats self explanatory. Its great to be in the same community with experts in their collection focus.

Grats guys!

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, congrats on the publications guys!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Totally Excellent !!!

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Totally Excellent !!! >>

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Very cool... now you can tell people you are "published".

I look forward to chasing your autographs in the upcoming Ginter set!

Snorto~
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Congrats all! I'll have to see if I can round up a copy of this at Borders tomorrow...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Nice, congrats guys.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, guys image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

I have a pretty good collection of articles, clippings, mentions from books and even a short news clip on VHS about the FF. Someday I need to learn how to transfer that to something more this decade so I can You Tube it. The feeling of adding a related article with my name in it to my collection.....priceless. I have to give thanks to many great collectors on this board as well as other boards for all the help they've provided. I think we've been able to shed a little more light on this card. I really enjoy this hunt. The search continues...
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Donovan for pointing me to this thread and thanks to all for the kind words.

In all reality, member RookieWax should be congratulated. The images in the article and the content therein all come from his collection and the information he gave Chris Olds. If it weren't for Joe, my name would have nothing to do with the article, so thanks to him as well.

I emailed Chris Olds and told him I cared not about having my named mentioned, simply that the article reflect the work that was done by everyone associated with the project.

I'm not exactly pleased with the article, but the positive side is that it may flush more examples of the errors out and I may yet be able to do what I started out to do, which is build a complete set of the errors.

Thanks to everyone again.

Ross
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Seeing members in the news like this is so much better than when I read about Dizzle's hermaphrodite surgery...
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats guys...image

Keep up the great work...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Totally Excellent !!! >>

image >>

Wild Stallions Rule!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I always knew I was in good company on these boards. Nice going, guys!