Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Newp #5 1921 Mexican Dos Pesos

Love this coin image

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice one. The ones that I have had in the past were either damaged in some way or had harsh cleanings.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great design

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding that coin in any eye appealing condition is extremely rare, nice proof like surfaces there!
  • Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Nice!!! I have a modest collection of Mexican coinage having lived in Southern California for 30+ years and that one is by way far better than mine which has some heavy bag marks and a couple of light rim dings...

Nice pick!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Thanks. I kept passing this coin up on ebay and even bought another one that had some color, but was heavy on bag marks and scratches. The one day I woke up and had to have this one and it seemed so obvious.
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I really like this design! I have never come across this coin raw in over the last six years of my collecting. I often wonder why? Any insights from you seasoned veterans? -Dan
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raw examples exist in quantity and many have issues that likely will lead to a determination that they are unable to be graded.

This one year type is plagued with cleanings, improper handling etc...

There seems to be a population that has been graded- in the 63-66 range-

Great design and is a must for any serious collection of North American coins

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• << <i>I really like this design! I have never come across this coin raw in over the last six years of my collecting. I often wonder why? Any insights from you seasoned veterans? -Dan >>

As mentioned, there is a ton of them with some problems on ebay raw. I woul say generally in the EF range to AU "with problems" can be had in the 50-70$ range.
  • mumumumu Posts: 1,840
    I dont know if based on the commments one is to gather there is interest in this coin but that they are hard to find. I came across another AU 58 with a best offer listing. I have nothing to do with this ebay auction but I thought I'd pass along what looks like a really nice AU58. The pictures are not great but I think the coin is pretty nice and if yuou go by the standard price realized for BINs It can be had for about what I paid for my AU 58. Worth asking for more pics imo. It doesnt appear to have the PL surfaces mine has but I think the strike is better than my piece.

ebay link
  • WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    An outstanding example of one of Mexico's prettiest coin designs.