Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay buyer, not suspended!

I had a buyer bid on and win 291 (yes, 291 different listings) of my cards in an auction in May. After several "I'll pay you tomorrow" or "I get paid in two days, I'll pay then" messages he stopped responding. So here it is a month later, no communication and no payment. Finally last week I filed non payment for all of cards, and yesterday closed all of the cases. I had called Ebay over the weekend to ask if this was something that would get this buyer suspended or removed, they assured me that after 3 unpaid item strikes that usually happens. So today, this guy is still buying and selling, even though he has 291 (at least) unpaid item strikes. Of course, sellers cannot see that info, and his feedback is still perfect. Iowagametrader319 is his user name, because I know most will ask.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    what at bass turd
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yikes, that was a raw break wasn't it? if anyone at eBay had a clue about the amount of time and effort you sacrificed over this, i'm sure he'd be gone by now.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I get an "invalid user name" when adding to my bbl - edit NM - I think it was the capital I that caused it

that really sucks - how much money was it?
  • since all 291 happened on or about the same day and you combined the items for one payment.
    Ebay probably only counts this as one unpaid item strike. (thanks for nothing ebay)

thanks for the heads up though, another ebayer scum buyer to add to my BBL.

edited to say, this is why sellers should be able to give negatives to buyers, would take some time but it would be fun leaving 291 negatives to this idiot.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Only 291. That's only a little bit over 3----so let's give the guy a break or two or 291.image
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

"...Since all 291 happened on or about the same day and you combined the items for one payment.
    Ebay probably only counts this as one unpaid item strike...."

//////////////////////////////////////

Yup.

When using BINs, there is a setting in the SYIF to limit
    the number of items that one buyer can buy. I dunno
    if there is a similar feature for auctions.

EBAY seldom suspends "buyers" for repeated NPB events.

As Griff said in 2007 - EBAY Live Chicago - "We need all the
    buyers we can get, even if they don't pay."

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    It would be tragic if someone were to be the high bidder on each and every one of his current auctions and then somehow have some unfortunate event that did not allow them to pay this fine ebay member (of course, with a "I'll get that right to you in a few days" memo).
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

• << <i>yikes, that was a raw break wasn't it? >>

Yes, which makes it even harder to sell in another auction. Just sold them as a lot this week, but ended up losing about $300 from their original prices. I do want to know why someone would take the time to place so many bids and not pay. He is still up and running, obviously he is OK in Ebay's eyes.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I think that each of the board members should bombard him with stupid questions about his listings. Real stupid stuff like "Do you accept paypal?" or "Will you have the mailman leave the package in my mailbox in case I am not home?" or "Do I have to pay right away if i win an item?" I think 30 or so of these questions will drive him a bit crazy.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez that stinks.

When you say you lost 300.00 was that his bids? Or the runnerups?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    ACE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • he doesn't like you.

• << <i>I think that each of the board members should bombard him with stupid questions about his listings. Real stupid stuff like "Do you accept paypal?" or "Will you have the mailman leave the package in my mailbox in case I am not home?" or "Do I have to pay right away if i win an item?" I think 30 or so of these questions will drive him a bit crazy. >>

+1, also if I win like 200 items will you ship for free or at least combine shipping? + do you think this will grade PSA 10 cause ifin it don't I want a refund plus grading fees .