Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What would you sell this mini-hoard?

mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
Or is it a hoard?

Seriously, if you had more than 50 pieces of these in a number of different grades ranging from blown away bent corroded slugs to a gem in MS-65, What would you do in order to sell them all?

How some of these things get started we'll never know image

I hope this thread is ok. If not, slap me down, take me out to the countryside, etc.

Comments

• Options
    Is the "you" in this scenario you?
    Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the "you" in this scenario you? >>

Could be image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you 'take responsibility'. image

How do these things started?
    Maybe a little of the Hunt brothers in all of us. image
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun giveaway. The first response gets the nicest one, the second gets the next best...so forth and so on. image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i would probably sell the worst as a batch on ebay if they are worth selling. if not
    i would give them away as i was able to.

the next in the group, which i assume are nicer and worthy enough to sell, would
    go as individual lots on ebay over time. throw them on, one or two at a time over
    a few month period.

the best of the best would goto heritage or some type of auction house and let
    it ride.

i have no idea what the value of these are but it seems like dolling them out over
    time would get the best result. i imagine i would try to sell the best of the best first
    so as not to flood the market with pretty good ones that might suck up early
    buyers who will be satisfied with slightly lower grade examples.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That particular satirical Hard Times token would be quite the appropriate message for a lot of failed bank CEO's, as well as the CEO's of corporations that are "too big to fail" bailout recipients.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Have no idea what they are worth. Kinda of cool, but not my cup of tea. I would give them away with orders over a certain $$$ amount.

Or just send some to your better customers for their past partonage. Sell the others on ebay, and the bst.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Please enter me in your generous giveaway image
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Giving away the one's in higher grades would be very generous of you image That one would fetch you something like $150+ on ebay. They are pretty common but not as much in the higher grades. Check ebays completed listings and you will get a good idea as to what they sell for in most all grades.
  • Options
    Well, if you plan on selling any of them, please PM me.
    Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Send the worst one to the president of BP, and then send one to....
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Selling them all is easy, selling them all at a good price is hard. Sell the better grade ones on ebay at a rate of one per week or less; then sell the dreck in a single lot.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file