Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone experience problems with Private Mails after updating their computer? - FIXED...thanks!

roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tried to reply to a PM today but was unsuccessful. The "help" button doesn't work either. But I have normal function in everything else such as posting new threads, replying to threads, reading PM's, searching/filtering old threads, etc. Only thing that seems to be not working is "replying" to a PM and the "help" feature. My PM function is turned on. During my computer upgrade I did change my email address...which shouldn't affect a PM if it doesn't affect anything else. I did reboot my computer just for the heck of it....no difference. It's possible that some new malware/pop-up blocker is at work here. I did note that now when linking webpages in posts that I have to give permission each time.

Suggestions?

On the good side, it was nice to finally leave the "stone age" of computers and ditch my 8 year old Windows98/dial-up home system. I don't know what I had for a processor, but Pentium 1 probabaly wasn't too far off....lol.

roadrunner
Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely your browser is set (defaulted) to blocking pop-ups.
    When you are trying to reply to a PM, look and see if there is a yellow bar near the top of your PM/browser area that says that pop-ups are blocked. Click it and set to allow pop-ups from this site.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bochiman. Blocked pop-ups were indeed the issue. Never occurred to me that PM's and "help" are technically pop-ups. I would have seen the warning at the very bottom of the page if you hadn't mentioned it. On my computer I have to hit "alt" + "reply/help" to get the desired result.

Now, to infinity and beyond.................image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file