Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are there some cards you decide not to get graded?

I'm just curious if you have any cards in your collection that you thought you might get graded, but decided not to and why?

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Lots of cards.

After I got over my "PSA slabs make me like my worthless cards more" disease, I took most of my modern cards out of the submission pile.

A 1996 Finest Refractor Rich Aurilia RC is a nice card for my collection. Paying $5 to get it graded just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I enjoy the card just fine w/o it being slabbed.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    absolutely. in fact, i'd venture a guess that the large majority of what i've had slabbed has ultimately been sold or traded to fund other collecting habits, which includes the substitution or upgrading of raw card accumulations and sets....i think some here might agree that the choice not to grade is founded in the enjoyment of handling and viewing nice cards, no matter when they were manufactured.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    sure
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ok, just not the fake ones. image
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Usually it is because either the cost does not make sense or because I don't think it will grade what I really want it to.