Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about Paypal confirmed addresses

My address was confirmed at one time. Recently, I noticed that my address is no longer confirmed when I pay for Ebay according to the email receipt that I get. However, on my Paypal account, my address says that it IS confirmed.

I noticed also that Ebay added an extra 4 digits to my zip that I've never seen before. Also, they changed my address from "St Rt" to "State Route". I tried changing it back, but it still showed unconfirmed on my latest payment receipt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

Comments

• Make sure the credit card you confirmed your address with is still active. Paypal confirms addresses based on CC information.
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It's called "address quality" and they're using the address that's in the proper US Postal service standardized format. If you go to usps.com and click on find a zip enter your address with the St Rt. It will show you your address in the correct format and provide the Zip+4 info. Properly addressed mail moves through the system quicker and has a better chance of going where it's supposed to. It would be helpful if PayPal also corrected this as many addresses that come through are a mess.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I called paypal over simalar situation as my adddress became unconfirmed for the first time since 1998.The person told me they were working on accounts and I would be properly restored.However the next day it still said the same so I just entered another credit card and now I am up to snuff again.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)