Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can PCGS beat the last Quartely Special Freebie?

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
The last one was just about as good as it gets - pretty much anything in the smokin' hot Secure Plus holder.

How about this for a follow on?

Send in any "genuine" or bady bagged coin for questionable toning or altered surfaces for a regrade. PCGS will use the Coin Sniffler to see if they were too cautious on the last grading try. It puts the monkey on the submitter, because with the sniffler remembering everything it looked at, its a ojne shot deal on the resubmit. But, it's also a chance to get a questionable coin that the submitter likes in a real graded holder.

Of course, this would preclude crossovers, as they need the raw coin for the sniffler to do its job.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an interesting experiment!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the sniffer was going to be used the first of the yearimage
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Since chemically, there is no difference between AT and NT the sniffer wouldn't work, even if there was something to sniff.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since chemically, there is no difference between AT and NT the sniffer wouldn't work, even if there was something to sniff. >>

Not sure I believe that? Doesn't AT lay on the surface of the coin differently than a NT coin? I'm sure there are some differences at the microscopic level, right?
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I am all for a Quarterly Special that allows one free submission of a previously denied crossover listing AT or QT. Those of us, with all our coins already in graded holders, should get in on the Quarterly Specials.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    I think the next Q. special should be any Mint State Franklin .........
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Any others to opine?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    probably not a good time to mention that I let the 1st quarterly special slip away unusedimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any others to opine? >>

It's already up...see this thread

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as last quarterimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Same as last quarterimage >>

Same or expanded?
    Pretty smart marketing, if you ask me, by PCGS. Continues to get people to submit for S+ and then gets more of the S+ on the market so people get more familiar with them.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file