Do you think this card is bump worthy?
All opinions welcomed

imageimage

Mark
--------------------------------------------
NFL HOF RC SET

Comments

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    deserving of a shot at a .5 upgrade, very nice card indeed.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I agree....nice card...good centering....
  • Morning,
    Nice card...possible bump, most likely if you Crack and Re-Sub, if not, I think that the bottom left corner is what got it the 6 to begin with and it will stay there.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you zoom in you can see something going on with the bottom left corner. Could also be a slight surface wrinkle that doesn't show up on the scan too. Nice card though!
    any slight surface wrinkle theoretically would have limited that card to a PSA 5.....the old flip indicates to me that the protocol had been properly met, but the new grading system allows for a potential .5 bump due to the great centering.....that bent corner still precludes it from getting to PSA 7, but these days ya never know until you submit/crack/resub yourself into a tizzy. image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    FWIW IMO it is worthy of a bump under the review system.

I would NOT crack and resub that card at this time regardless of when it was graded.

Possible 7

Steve

Good for you.
    One other point I don't think it is an old flip.

PSA used the 0 series 2 years ago.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>One other point I don't think it is an old flip.

PSA used the 0 series 2 years ago.

Steve >>

ok, more recent.....i think it still pre-dates the .5 system, no?
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....i think it still pre-dates the .5 system, no? >>

Yes.
    I think it does, that in itself tells me to use the review system not a crack and submit.

Old flips with the 0 cert had the hologram if I recall.

Older still had the line through the bar code?

Also, from a scan I really can't tell corners only centering.

The person with it in hand should know if the corners make it worthy of the bump.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I've yet to send in any card for a review, but I have been considering sending this one in for awhile
    If I send it in, I'll have to keep it in the holder. My luck I'll screw it up trying to get it out of the holder.

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    if it doenst bump you can just send it my way. i will relieve you of it.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would chance it (for review). Bump worthy for sure. Nice card. image
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The card is a beauty, definitely worth a shot at a bump...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had zero luck with bumps, to the point where I think they're pretty much a myth. I know they're very hard on print dots and the like, so I bet your card will come back with a little sticky note pointing to the white print dots. Good luck if you do send it in.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    I see a FULL POINT bump....that is a great looking card!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    I think it could be a 7. the centering on this card is fantastic. I wouldn't bother cracking the case and run the risk of it not getting slabbed for whatever reason. It looks to me the only problem is the bottom left corner. I think the centering on this card will help it sell as much as some psa 7 with less eye appeal
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    I say minimum .5///////That card could easily 7. Send in for review.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Thou shall not covet thy CU neighbors Namath...

It ain't working.

Snorto~