Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best Way to Ship an 800-ct Box?

Can you just wrap it in brown paper, seal it with packing tape, and bring it to USPS to ship?

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what's in there - that's just asking for corner damage. I usually put them inside another box to ship.

• KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Depends on the weight too. It could be heavy enough to ship cheaper in a flat rate box. If the 800 doesn't fit then bust it down into two smaller boxes. Punch zips and weight into usps.com to see.

• << <i>Can you just wrap it in brown paper, seal it with packing tape, and bring it to USPS to ship? >>

Good Day,
    You don't have to even wrap it in brown paper, I ship those quite often. I cushion the cards inside carefully, tape the box up well and just put the address's right on the box and ship. You should check the Flat Rate option bacuse sometimes depending on weight it is cheaper.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, busting it down to two smaller boxes, and using a Flat Rate Box is probably your best bet. Shipping complete sets SUCKS!! I learned my lesson the hard way once by selling those.

• << <i>Yeah, busting it down to two smaller boxes, and using a Flat Rate Box is probably your best bet. Shipping complete sets SUCKS!! I learned my lesson the hard way once by selling those. >>

LOL, yeah, I got completely hosed on a combined shipping for a 1995 Pinnacle and 1997 Finest Bronze set. Started both auctions at .99, and both ended with one bid. In retrospect it was probably pretty dumb for the Pinnacle set, but I really thought the Finest set would get up to $8-10. Anway, now I'm on the hook for shipping these two sets for $6.25, when they sold for $1.98. Probably going to lose $5 on the whole thing.

Live and learn.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, try selling a factory set of 1990 Score Football! I didn't charge enough for shipping, and ended up losing money on the deal. The worst part was it was in a factory sealed box that I couldn't break down. Lesson learned...