Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about the quarterly special ending tomorrow...

DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nothing like waiting to the last minute...
This quarterly special is a secure plus submission. Now, do you cover the grade on the slab with a label or do you just send it in and someone cracks it out/delivers it to the grading room?
Can you add true view to it?
Will they accept varieties if they have their own PCGS number, ie: 1936 doubled die cent??
I guess that's three questions. Now, what to send...?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    1. They crack it.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Thanks,
    And how do you add the true view fee? It's $20, right?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be required to pay the 24 dollar attribution fee, even if the variety is listed in the general coin # book. (ie. 09vdb ddo1, 43 d/d, 36 ddo1) I think there is a place on the form for "other" charges. Write the true view charge in there. Shag
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You will be required to pay the 24 dollar attribution fee, even if the variety is listed in the general coin # book. (ie. 09vdb ddo1, 43 d/d, 36 ddo1) I think there is a place on the form for "other" charges. Write the true view charge in there. Shag >>

I don't believe this statement is correct if it's in the book. I know when I got my 55DDO slabbed it didn't cost me extra.
  • Options
    I thought the general varieties required no attribution fee, ie 36, 55, 72 ddos?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that, specifically in the case of the '55 DDO, you DON'T need to pay for it to be RECOGNIZED as the DDO it is, but you DO need to pay the attribution fee for the FS # to be included on the cert. I have no other experience on any other coin, but would have to imagine this is generally the case for the major varieties ('09-VDB, '55 DDO, '72 DDO, etc etc).
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe that PCGS will designate the 43 D/D or 55 DDO without putting the FS # on the holder now. In January at the FUN show, they required me to pay an additional 24 on an 09vdb DDO1 that I had submitted on a one day walk through. Shag

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file