Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just something about those OGH AU58 coins!

SouthcountySouthcounty Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
I ran across this seated dollar a few months back and everytime I pull her out of her slot in the blue pcgs box I just can't put her down.
I wish they all could be OGH58s!

Comments

• Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    WOW...I sure agree with your sentiments...I'll take a coin like that any day of the week!!!

She's a beauty.
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    image Obviously, I love it! Just what it should be - perfect color - eye "interest"(C) which is better than appeal IMHO - all! Love it!!!! I define that as follows - some coins have eye appeal and are bright or toned and eye catching. This, while seemingly "dull" compared to MS and Proof examples, has something that makes me look deeper than the few microns of luster and tone. This coin is serious if that makes sense. If I did not favor Proofs I'd collect these 58's. So pretty and intriguing. Congrats - great coin!!!

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    Very nice coin
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    That's a beauty!
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin.

AU58 is one of my favorite grades. image

Mike
  • Options
    I like!
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love civil war year seated type!
  • Options
    GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    That coin is exceptionally sharp. Could it maybe be a lightly circulated proof?
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful coin, no doubt. Do you think that it would grade AU58 today? Is it really "Almost Uncirculated"?
    Paul
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya! Beautiful seated dollar - these are so hard to find nice like that.

No longer mine, regrettably, but it went to a good home, to one of our forum members:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920

<< <i>image Obviously, I love it! Just what it should be - perfect color - eye "interest"(C) which is better than appeal IMHO - all! Love it!!!! I define that as follows - some coins have eye appeal and are bright or toned and eye catching. This, while seemingly "dull" compared to MS and Proof examples, has something that makes me look deeper than the few microns of luster and tone. This coin is serious if that makes sense. If I did not favor Proofs I'd collect these 58's. So pretty and intriguing. Congrats - great coin!!!

Best,
    Eric >>

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Very nice !

I have a few OGH AU58's as well... and you're right. What's not to love about them?

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding coin! image Congratulations on owning it!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    What a coin should be! I would like all my seated quarters to look like that!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very pretty coin.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    There should be something about them, given how many of them sell for MS62 or MS63 money... image
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    That coin looks nice and crusty! But I don't see a drop of luster on the entire coin?.... Is it hidden by the toning, or is the luster non-existent?

Sharp strike by the way too. image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Awesome coin, I am jealous image

If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Nice coin, but the grade ? coffin maybe?
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>That coin is exceptionally sharp. Could it maybe be a lightly circulated proof? >>

Doubt it, this date comes pretty well struck. Also, the hair detail isn't quite full which is one area that a proof would almost certainly differentiate itself.

Nice coin, it looks like it is pretty dull though in the picture, how's the luster?
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet!!
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    The 'lil ones need love too....

• Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding seated dollar! Love, love, love, love the look.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file