Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just came up with an idea to upgrade my 7070 Album

I finished my 7070 set about two years ago, and aside from a couple of upgrades, it is pretty much the same as when I finished it. My main theme was to do an AU58 album except for the really expensive ones and examples that I could do in MS65 or better.

The idea I had was to do a complete US Mint set with every US Mint that has ever operated, which of course means that you have to have the Dansco gold page to include the $1, $2.5 or $5 Charlotte and Dahlonega Mints.

For the W Mint, I thought of adding 2008 rev 2007 ASE, these three coins alone can get pretty expensive, so it makes it a long term project.

What ideas have you come up to make your 7070 more interesting?

Here's my CC's:

Comments

• Options
    I chose the W mint Roosevelt, rather than an ASE.

Superbird Washington

1943 copper cent image

Also, for my Lincoln cent Dansco I chose to put a blank planchet in for the 1922 no-D, since I have no desire to include it but hate empty holes.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Above poster beat me to it, but I, too, have a 1996 W Roosie for that mint.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shooting for the every-mint thing too, and haven't even started on the gold. I think I'm like 2 seated coins away from complete. I need a "with motto" half (like yours) and a "no motto" dollar. Oh, and I'm doing a boat motif on the commem halves, but right now only have the Columbian Expo and the Pilgrim. So I guess that makes four coins away. My set was pretty quiet for a while, but recently added an 1853 arrows dime (was NGC AU55) and a raw 1854-O arrows half that's like VF35.

I'm also a copper guy, and do a lot of high-end type there. So while my 7070 selections on page one are altogether decent, I don't have a classic cent on that page (but do have an PCGS AU53 1814) and what's there is really nothing close to what I have in holders.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file