Home Sports Talk
Options

Strasburg taken out in the 7th

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
SS looked good through 6, but couldn't get out of a bases loaded jam in the bottom of the 7th. With the bases loaded, Hinske sac flied in the first run of the game. Then Escobar just ripped one into left to score the runner from third. Riggleman pulled Stras after the Escobar hit. Great starts from both SP's, but tonight it looks like the real ace was Tim Hudson.

-Michael
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    LOL. OK...
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the Nats defense perhaps he should try a little harder to strike everyone out.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Yeah, my favorite was that sweet bunt that Blanco laid down the first base line and watching Adam "Sasquatch" Dunn trip all of himself at 1B. It would have been more graceful if Dunn had just dove on the ball like a live grenade.

-Michael

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And down goes the Phenom!!!! image He actually pitched pretty well, but Hudson was just a little bit better! image As a Braves fan, I am really happy.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    no offense intended (well maybe a little), but it seems most pitchers have been looking like aces against the Nats lately... ESPECIALLY when the Strazzzz is twirling......
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>no offense intended (well maybe a little), but it seems most pitchers have been looking like aces against the Nats lately... ESPECIALLY when the Strazzzz is twirling...... >>

True...but Hudson IS having a great year. Washington has just been in a slump this month. The Braves went through the same kind of thing earlier in the season (losing 9 in a row). It happens. Their hitting will come around...I just hope it is not in the next 2 games! image
  • Options

<< <i>no offense intended (well maybe a little), but it seems most pitchers have been looking like aces against the Nats lately... ESPECIALLY when the Strazzzz is twirling...... >>

Hudson gave up only 12 runs over 6 starts during the entire month of June. I guess the White Sox, Rays, Twins, Phillies, and Dodgers were all going through slumps during Hudson's starts too.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Sadly, that kind of bad defense and offensive non-support is the kind of thing that makes pitchers sign with the Yankees. Oh, yeah -- the money doesn't hurt, either.