Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay Question

I sold a 2007 Trent Edwards Gold Rookie Auto/25 on ebay 10 days ago and still haven't received payment, I've sent the seller an invoice and still haven't heard back from him...there was a bidder that was just 50 cents below him, I would like to just give him the card through a second chance offer, how would I go about closing something with the winning bidder?

Comments

• You can, but you should close the other one incase they make payment and you have 2 buyers but only 1 card.
  • al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    You want to keep the deal open to the winning bidder, while also offering a second chance?

• << <i>You want to keep the deal open to the winning bidder, while also offering a second chance? >>

No, of course not. I guess what I was really asking was how would I close the deal with the winning bidder?
  • When looking at the item you sold there should be a "resolve problem" link, just use that and it basically walks you through the process. You must give the buyer another 4 days before it will close, there is a good chance they may pay during that time.

• << <i>

<< <i>You want to keep the deal open to the winning bidder, while also offering a second chance? >>

No, of course not. I guess what I was really asking was how would I close the deal with the winning bidder? >>

Original question changed, sorry for the confusion.

• << <i>When looking at the item you sold there should be a "resolve problem" link, just use that and it basically walks you through the process. You must give the buyer another 4 days before it will close, there is a good chance they may pay during that time. >>

Okay, thanks for the help. I hope I didn't sound too moronic by the question I asked, just started out on Ebay (have only sold 4 items and this is one of them.)

• << <i>

<< <i>When looking at the item you sold there should be a "resolve problem" link, just use that and it basically walks you through the process. You must give the buyer another 4 days before it will close, there is a good chance they may pay during that time. >>

Okay, thanks for the help. I hope I didn't sound too moronic by the question I asked, just started out on Ebay (have only sold 4 items and this is one of them.) >>

Gotta start & learn somewhere.
  • thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Morning,
    Also just an FYI....Second chance doesn't work very often, usually the person has moved on and will just ignore the second chance offer. My experience is about 80 % of the time it's ignored. Usually have to Re-List.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • I went to the resolve a problem section, would I chose "I sold an item and haven't recieved payment" or "I have sold an item and want to cancel the transaction"?

• << <i>Morning,
    Also just an FYI....Second chance doesn't work very often, usually the person has moved on and will just ignore the second chance offer. My experience is about 80 % of the time it's ignored. Usually have to Re-List.

Neil >>

Alright, well I'll have my fingers crossed that it all works out.

• << <i>I went to the resolve a problem section, would I chose "I sold an item and haven't recieved payment" or "I have sold an item and want to cancel the transaction"? >>

Have not received payment yet.
  • looks like it was a zero feedback bidder, thats bad luck..hope the second chance offer works for you!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • I filed the claim...now what happens from here? It says that I need to close the claim before July 28th to get my final value fee or something like that. Any insight here? At this point I don't want to deal with any of that, I'd just like to offer the card to the second highest bidder. If they turn it down I would definitely look into the other possibilities, but right now I don't want any of the other hassle.

Wish they woulda just payed in the first place so I wouldn't have to deal with all this crap!image
  • You have to wait 4 days, then you can close the case and get your FVF automatically returned. There is still a good chance that the original buyer will pay after they get the notice of a NPB claim being opened. You may want to hold off until then before making the 2nd chance offer.
  • Okay, thanks for all your help.