Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Story from the weekend...autograph's, game, etc.

So this weekend my friends and some of my family took me to see the Reds vs. Indians game in Cincy on Saturday. Being a Tribe fan, it was nice that they were close to Indy. Awesome game even though the Indians lost. It was great to see the dissappointed looks on Reds fans faces when they had bases loaded, 2 outs, Scott Rolen hits it and it's going going and caught by the right fielder. Last inning, last batter, Indians down by two...it gets quiet and I hear the Tribe drum beating...totally awesome.

Afterwards, went down to where the players were coming out. I got Anderson Hernandez's auto. Fausto Carmona totally ignored the fans. Jake Westbrook was pretty sloshed. Pronk got in a taxi before anyone could get to him. And the one I really wanted was Sandy Alomar, Jr. But he refused to get off the bus to come sign.

However, spending the game with my Dad, Uncle, Grandpa, and all my closest guy friends was pretty cool.

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    sounds like fun! Guys day at the ballpark!
  • i was there on saturday as well! as a reds fan i also had a good time! it was a good game though!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • That sounds like a good time...I'm actually going down to Great American Ballpark tonight to watch the Reds play the Phillies. I'm hoping to get Jay Bruce to autograph a ball for me, he's my favorite player and the three games that I have been to that he has signed he has quit with less than 5 people to go before me. Oh well!
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Going to see the Reds vs. Phillies on Tuesday.
    As a Tribe fan I was disappointed to miss the series due to other commitments.
  • phillies series should be good..for those of you that live around cincy did you see that MC Hammer is going to be there performing and signing autos before and after the July 16th game lol..i will be there for that and also the 17th because thats chris sabo bobblehead night when he will be inducted into the reds hall of fame!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • I went to the Reds-Indians game on Sunday afternoon.

I was bummed that the Reds got beat, but it turned out OK: I caught Joey Votto's home run ball. I've never even been close to one before, but it came right to me.
  • GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Nice! I saw you on SportsCenter that night. Congrats!