Home Precious Metals

This could quickly drive up PMs (and oil)

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• gogogogogogogogo Israel
  • yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    I don't think that article has much credibility, the US Sixth Fleet is almost always in the Med, and the "source" they cite is actually their sister paper, both known for their rabidly anti US positions. I don't totally discount the chance of an Israeli strike on Iran, but I doubt that it would happen with us backing them up militarily.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think that article has much credibility, the US Sixth Fleet is almost always in the Med, and the "source" they cite is actually their sister paper, both known for their rabidly anti US positions. I don't totally discount the chance of an Israeli strike on Iran, but I doubt that it would happen with us backing them up militarily. >>

I don't think they'd need any help. They already have our weapons. I hope they blow them off the freeking globe!!! JMHO~image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a strike ever occurs I cannot imagine it would be accompanied by so much chatter. That is not Israel's style.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Israel is pressured to attack because once Iran get nuclear weapons................
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    If an attack is to in fact become reality, it will be at a time

that is most unexpected and in a manner not predicted. It will

be sudden, crushing, deliberate and overwhelming ,in scope, duration

and impact.It will take out the nuclear sites, the scientists,technicians, C & C,intelligence

organs, the leadership of the Revolutionary Guard, air force, naval and rocket commands.I would

not be amazed if Syria and Hizbollah are not delivered a number of unexpected presents.

Yes, and oil will go to 125 dollars a barrel and gold will shoot up 150 dollars an ounce.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth the Israeli military is not what it once was. It has been embarrassed of late. Even if they were to knock the stuffings out of Iran what about the following groups ------ the Hizballah, Bin Ladin's al-Qaida network, HAMAS, the PIJ, the PFLP-GC......................... and these lovely citizens are all located in Lebanon!What about the rest of the Middle East? Do you actually think that the knocking off of Iran would bring peace to the region? Even Iran's sworn Muslim enemies would be enegized and Iran the omnipresent martyr. It would also rally the Harakat ul-Mujahidin and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) in southeast Asia the breeding ground aka incubator for Muslim terror cells.......at the end of the day The Middle East is just a lousy neighborhood with crappy neighboors IMHO. It's the only place I've ever extensively traveled where I felt uncomfortable and I'm not easily intimidated.......................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Israel doesn't need to bring peace to the region, they only need to further destabilize potential threats.
    The same principle applies to US foreign policy.

<< <i>Israel doesn't need to bring peace to the region, they only need to further destabilize potential threats.
    The same principle applies to US foreign policy. >>

No arguement from me. Well stated. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If an attack is to in fact become reality, it will be at a time

and impact.It will take out the nuclear sites, the scientists,technicians, C & C,intelligence

organs, the leadership of the Revolutionary Guard, air force, naval and rocket commands.I would

not be amazed if Syria and Hizbollah are not delivered a number of unexpected presents.

Yes, and oil will go to 125 dollars a barrel and gold will shoot up 150 dollars an ounce. >>

Bear, I'll take some of the $150 gold. Got any?

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If an attack is to in fact become reality, it will be at a time

Yes, and oil will go to 125 dollars a barrel and gold will shoot up 150 dollars an ounce. >>

Bear, I'll take some of the $150 gold. Got any? >>

Read what he said. He said gold would shoot up $150 an ounce, not sell for $150 per ounce.

Say "D'OH!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in a hurry to get it before anyone else.

• yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

<< <i>For what it's worth the Israeli military is not what it once was. It has been embarrassed of late. Even if they were to knock the stuffings out of Iran what about the following groups ------ the Hizballah, Bin Ladin's al-Qaida network, HAMAS, the PIJ, the PFLP-GC......................... and these lovely citizens are all located in Lebanon!What about the rest of the Middle East? Do you actually think that the knocking off of Iran would bring peace to the region? Even Iran's sworn Muslim enemies would be enegized and Iran the omnipresent martyr. It would also rally the Harakat ul-Mujahidin and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) in southeast Asia the breeding ground aka incubator for Muslim terror cells.......at the end of the day The Middle East is just a lousy neighborhood with crappy neighboors IMHO. It's the only place I've ever extensively traveled where I felt uncomfortable and I'm not easily intimidated.......................MJ >>

If the world needed an enema, they could stick the tube in the Middle Eastimage
  • Israel is in a real catch-22. Either face pontential destruction now and attack, or wait and certainly get destroyed.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Israel is in a real catch-22. Either face pontential destruction now and attack, or wait and certainly get destroyed. >>

Better read your history. The Israels are some fierce warriors. They do not play!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but everybody else keeps getting do-overs. If the Israelis lose just once, they are gone.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    >>

If the world needed an enema, they could stick the tube in the Middle Eastimage >>

They would be better served sticking that tube in an oil well instead. I drink your milkshakeimage

MJ