Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: Nolan Ryan ROOKIE 1968 Topps #177 PSA 4 VG-EX

Want to buy the following card:

Nolan Ryan ROOKIE 1968 Topps #177 PSA 4 VG-EX

Must be PSA graded 4 VG-EX with NO qualifiers. BVG, GAI, SGC substitutes are NOT acceptable.

Not particular about centering or general eye-appeal. Just needs to be officially graded VG-EX 4 by the folks at PSA.

Offers should include the following considerations:

* Paying via PayPal (NOT PayPal gift)
* Price must include shipping costs via USPS First Class Mail with insurance for purchase price and delivery confirmation.

PayPal funds are in the account and ready to be transferred as soon as we settle on price.

Comments

• Options
    I have a Psa 8 ryan rookie i could sell ya?
  • Options
    Are you willing to sell it for the price of two (2) PSA 4s? If not, the search goes on for the elusive PSA 4.

Thanks for the offer though.
  • Options
    I sent 5 rookies off to be graded if i pull a 4 which is very unlikely i will contact you as soon as the grades pop.
  • Options
    Any other ryans you need?
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have one on your website for sale currently??
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Oh my....you mean someone short sold a card?? Is your site called WHERETHEYAINT.COM??
  • Options
    CodyMason - Thanks for the offers. No other Ryan cards presently needed.

Hallco - The Ryan rookie PSA 4 on my website sold Wednesday.

bobbyw8469 - Received a request through the site on Saturday from a potential buyer looking to purchase the same Ryan rookie that sold Wednesday. Not short-selling, as you wrongfully accuse (--- can always count on you for an inaccurate, negative remark, can't I?). The inventory on my website is up to date and accurate, as always.

Still in the market to buy this card if anyone is looking to move one at VCP or slightly higher and save on the eBay fees.

• Options
    Still looking - any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    bump...the search continues...
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I was wondering. If you say you have the funds waiting in your PayPal account, why wouldn't you offer to pay via PayPal gift? Wouldn't that potentially lower your purchasing cost? I'm sure you have some "logical" explanation for this oddity... Aside from the obvious (that it is going on a credit card).
  • Options
    there is 1 on the bay for 300 obo
  • Options
    Scott (otwcards) - Regarding the PayPal gift option, I refuse to either issue or accept PayPal in the form of a gift when it is being used for a business transaction. I consider the practice of improperly using the PayPal gift option as ethically wrong --- it is essentially a way to cheat PayPal out of fees that are rightfully owed to that company.

I appreciate the service that is offered by PayPal and I do not wish to avoid paying the required fees when I am willingly engaging this service to help conduct my business transactions. Also, I have been advised by others that they have had their PayPal accounts frozen for six (6) months due to inappropriate use of the PayPal gift option. I am an active PayPal user and I wish to keep my account in good standing.

To be clear, the money is in my PayPal account. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I sold the Nolan Ryan PSA 4 Rookie from my website on Wednesday. The client paid with PayPal. So the funds are there waiting for another Ryan PSA 4 Rookie to appear.

hhmag70 - Thanks for pointing out the eBay listing. Only problem is that I am trying to honor my advertised sale price of $225.00 for a PSA 4 and I can't get the eBay seller to accept offers that will make the transaction work from my side.