Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1921 Canadian Half at the Torex show today.....

I viewed one of the most expensive and gorgeous Canadian coins ever.

A PCGS graded (and cross graded ms66 by ICCS) MS66 1921 Half Dollar!!

Totally original, PQ toned, absolutely flawless, strong strike and great luster.

I looked at it under 10X for quite awhile and I've got to say, if it was my coin I would have been ticked off that it didn't grade ms67 or ms68.

The only problem with viewing coins of this high quality is, it makes the coins I own look like garbage.
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, don't be discouraged as I often feel the same way. Just appreciate them (numismatic superstars) for what they are. Lesser coins are lovely and treasured as well.

I think to one coin (and I wish I was tekkie inclined to show a picture) of which I have at least 4 or 5 of and have given as presents:

1972 and 1982 West African States 500f and 5,000f silver crowns with the Taku (sp?) device - simply gorgeous and as cheap as 18.00 on occasion.

But know what you mean and sometimes look back at the Terner Sale and say "what garbage I have". Not the case but sometimes one feels that way...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.