Home Sports Talk
Options

What's the deal with Carlos Zambrano?

digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
Zambrano flips out.. again.

This guy seems like he's totally nuts. Roid rage, or just a psycho?
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both. Thankfully the Cubs now understand he is not a #1. Like Prior (and post-injury Wood), he is fools gold as a top of the rotation guy.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the misery of the Cubs fan continues. Pinella will probably retire, if the stress does not kill him first.

At least at this point they can look forward to football season, and not get tortured by choking away a pennant race or a playoff series.
  • Options

<< <i>Zambrano flips out.. again.

This guy seems like he's totally nuts. Roid rage, or just a psycho? >>

Roid rage? Too funny and not worthy of commenting on.

The guy is just a self centered jerk who happens to be a attention w*ore psycho.

But everything is great on the North Side. The radio commercials tell me that 1:20 and 7:05 are not times of the day, but experiences...that Wrigley is an experience...that this and that is an experience......but no mention of winning.

Maybe they can think about it when they participate in this year's gay parade.....it will be about time the Cubs get a parade for something.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    "Good to see somebody show some emotion"? Probably not good for Zambrano to be that somebody, though as a Cards fan, I kinda like it.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    It's ironic that Pinella is the dude's manager. I remember Pinella having some epic melt downs in the 90s.

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    He's just trying to fill the shoes of Milton Bradley. In reference to Zambrano - Lou mentioned in spring training - 'we need this guy to be our #1 if we are going to compete.' Well, at least you traded Bradley for Silva who is impersonating a #1.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Yep -- the pitching version of Milton Bradley.

Derrek Lee is one of of the most respected, level-headed and even-tempered guys in the game and if you have a blow up with him, it's almost certainly on you. Frankly, Lee would have been justified to deck him on the spot but that's not his style.
  • Options
    I'm not good at reading lips, and i have no clue as to what Z's saying, but it looks like Lee's telling him :

"Shut the f* up! Shut the f* up! That's bulls**t! That's bulls**t! Bulls**t! That's bulls**t!"

I read later that Zambrano was sounding off at Lee and Ramirez for not stopping the two shots down the 1st and 3rd base lines during that inning, then accused them of being lazy, so Lee's comments make sense.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I read later that Zambrano was sounding off at Lee and Ramirez for not stopping the two shots down the 1st and 3rd base lines during that inning, then accused them of being lazy, so Lee's comments make sense. >>

Apparently in Z's world, "lazy" means not beating the crap out of a defenseless Gatorade cooler with a baseball bat...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that commentator Bob Brenly said that it was about time that someone got emotional enough to start a fight in that dugout because the Cubs have been sleepwalking through the season to this point and need to ignite something.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Not going to be able to do anything because of that ridiculous contract he has, been terrible for last year or so, maybe pent up release from bullpen stint earlier in year.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Good to see somebody show some emotion"? Probably not good for Zambrano to be that somebody, though as a Cards fan, I kinda like it. >>

Not so fast, Z has the respect of no one on his team, has been a canker sore in clubhouse and on the field for at least three years. If it was someone the team, coaches and fans didn't already identify as an adolescent nutbag it might be a good thing. This clown just buried himself deeper with his teammates.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    i read lips and he was saying "wheres my green card?"
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I love beis bol

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Must have been a tense clubhouse with him and Bradley.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"Good to see somebody show some emotion"? Probably not good for Zambrano to be that somebody, though as a Cards fan, I kinda like it. >>

Not so fast, Z has the respect of no one on his team, has been a canker sore in clubhouse and on the field for at least three years. If it was someone the team, coaches and fans didn't already identify as an adolescent nutbag it might be a good thing. This clown just buried himself deeper with his teammates. >>

I know. I was just quoting the announcer in the clip. Is Brenly, I guess it is, that unaware of the dynamic in the clubhouse?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Z's meltdown has been a Work In Progress......kinda tough when they annoint you as "The Man", not because you are, but because other "The Man" guys couldn't hang on long enough to retain the title (Wood, Prior, etc.)......after all these years of disappointments, not unusual to see someone just kinda lose it the way he has.....a change of scenery can help but who will take him when he expects his corner guys to have the reflexes of a puma so they can stop the laser beams?

you were good Carlos, those were some special days, i'll never forget the funny moments at Hohokam.

see ya.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    HEY CARLOS:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.