Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping question for US folks

I have a package going to Germany via US registered mail, and it shows as leaving the US May 29th. Should I be concerned that it has not yet arrived in Germany? It is enroute to a dealer in NW Germany. I thought registered mail was the most secure way to move something - am I wrong? I am quite frazzled by this.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't begin to worry until June 30th (30 days), then I would contact the PO. Registered Mail to Europe is running really, really slow.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Brent:

If you trust the person you are sending it to, then I use Global Priority. If it's Dirk (and he is in NW Germany) I always use Global Priority and have had mailing times as low as three days. Trust is the key wordimage

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past I've gotten burnt in various countries. Just too much risk. I had trouble with a shipment sent to England. recently I sent a win to Milan Italy(uninsured) value was 65 bucks - buyer asked for no insur if under $20...so I just chanced it and sent as is - of course 2 months later buyer contacts paypal without even contacting me! In the end paypal of course favored the buyer as I had no proof I ever shipped the darn coin.image
    I hate saying no international bids/shipped allowed - usually allow it anyhows but.....
    Just shipped a few items to China - insured USPS I hope it gets there..
    3Mark - that advise is so true.
    Goodluck WCG!

Marc
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I've had a lot of trouble with shipments to the UK lately. They eventually get there, but it takes upward of 4 weeks. I've had a lot of customers irritated with me, when in fact they should be irritated with their own government that holds packages up in Customs for weeks. This could be the same thing happening.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all....I will work on my patience (at least for a couple more weeks).
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited 30 days for a book from Germany. I received an item from UK in 5 days so I guess there is no consistency.