Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Received a "white whale" today in the mail...

OK...technically not a white whale because I already have it as an 8..but it is one of my top 5 favorite cards of all time....probably my #1 favorite. I love this card! To me it perfectly exemplifies the vintage Bowman football issues. Great looking card...great picture, great colors, great Bear logo, great nickname, great player! I haved eyed this on ebay forever....sent a low buy it now offer...worked out a deal off ebay that worked for both of us..and now this beauty resides in the BDB collection...where it will stay until I croak.....or I find a 10 image

Comments

• Options
    Awesome card. I would say one of the greatest early offensive lineman. He credits himself for creating the draw play.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Beaut
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome card. I would say one of the greatest early offensive lineman. He credits himself for creating the draw play. >>

thanks!
    I thought that Otto Graham and Marion Motley were credited with "inventing" the draw play...of course I am a Clevelander so I am biased.
  • Options
    Even the background of the card is great, it looks like some out of the way practice field with the trees in the background and the cirrus clouds in the sky hint that Football season is on its way.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome looking card...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a really, really nice item.

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! It looks terrific.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    I forgot where I read it but I remember an interview with Bulldog. He said he realized everytime that Luckman went back to pass the nose tackle and linebackers would stop rushing and look for somebody to cover. Bulldog was all alone in the middle of the field so he came up with the idea to drop back like you're going to pass but then hand it off up the middle. I believe the first year they did it the draw averaged 25 yards.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking card Ryan.....al.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Its a beaut!
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That is a classic. Nice pickup.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Nice. SGC will reholder that for you to straighten out the cert # -- just email them..
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    that is a sharp card

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started