Home Sports Talk

Good friend of mine is making waves at Alabama

CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
Text

I may have jacked that link up.

Jeremy and I are regulars on the golf course. I hate admit this, his 14 year old son beat me on our last golf outing.
collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I remember when you posted about his hiring a while ago. Best of luck to your friend.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    how did Alabama's soccer team do this season?
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Pretty sweet, best of luck to your friend. Perhaps he could land a head coaching gig somewhere someday.

<< <i>how did Alabama's soccer team do this season? >>

No need to hijack one of the few positive threads this place sees. And Alabama doesn't have a mens team because the SEC doesn't sponsor men's soccer. Their girls team is garbage though.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a soccer Team at Alabama?

Maybe they should add UCLA to their schedule

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should add UCLA to their schedule

This reminds me of when I moved from Los Angeles to Gatlinburg, TN in 1985. Could have been 1955 for all I know. Scary! Anyway, it does come full circle to the comments about soccer players in recent days. I was on Gatlinburg High's first soccer team. All of the teams in the area were horrible as it was the dorks who couldn't make the football team and a few guys like me who moved from the civilized world. All 3 forwards were guys who had lived in California at some point in their life and thus played soccer. The rest of the team were football rejects. Anyway, I thus have to conclude that at least in the south the comments about soccer players not being the best athletes may be posible although my personal experience is 25 years ago. Also, the comment about 'bama playing UCLA in soccer would be great fun. Then it would be hard to argue that soccer is not a high scoring game! UCLA 12 - Bama 0.

I wasn't trying to hijak. Cool about your friend.
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    If any board member here deserves a little pro-soccer hating, I guess that board member would be me right now.

I'm just happy that the link worked!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • That is totally awesome crimsontider.
    Does that enable you to any sweet tickets image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never attempting to downplay athletic ability...

Its just that some sports have a regional appeal

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.