Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

**Reopened**Group rip sign up (modern 98 SP Football)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paid!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I will be doing a local pickup. Thanks again for setting this up!
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Well this sucks for me, I was the 1st to sign up for bowman chrome, didn't check back till right now to pay and I find out that I'm not buying anything! Dang!
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    paid
  • Options

<< <i>BBC didnt wast anytime.. my packs already shipped. I hope somone pulls a Manning out of this. Any idea what the odds are? I bought one box of SP football this year and thought it sucked. i got about 4 rookie cards in the entire box, 2 noname autos and real ugly patch auto of some noname guard. Either a moss or manning would be nice.

one more question.. what are the odds on pulling a crosby rookie? should there be 1 per box? >>

The SP AUTHENTIC football rookies are seeded 2 per box (can be regular or a diecut) and the set has 30-40 rookies. I don't know what the odds are on the UD Hockey Rookies (SPs), but I thnk they are about 1 per box. It is pretty hard to find any one rookie.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sent mine Via Paypal.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>BBC didnt wast anytime.. my packs already shipped. I hope somone pulls a Manning out of this. Any idea what the odds are? I bought one box of SP football this year and thought it sucked. i got about 4 rookie cards in the entire box, 2 noname autos and real ugly patch auto of some noname guard. Either a moss or manning would be nice.

one more question.. what are the odds on pulling a crosby rookie? should there be 1 per box? >>

The SP AUTHENTIC football rookies are seeded 2 per box (can be regular or a diecut) and the set has 30-40 rookies. I don't know what the odds are on the UD Hockey Rookies (SPs), but I thnk they are about 1 per box. It is pretty hard to find any one rookie. >>

Wow..just 2 rookies per box.. 20 bucks a pack is pretty $$$. i prob should have asked that question before buying 2. maybe someone will get lucky.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Charles Woodson's RC is another one to look for in the 1998 SP Authentic set.
  • Options
    I believe the Young Guns are inserted 1:4 packs so if the box has 24 packs there might be 6 Young Guns cards in there. Hopefully all Crosbys!
  • Options
    Just saw this- thanks for putting this together - money sent into Steve

Ken
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Only hit was a regular Kobe rookie.

The 98 SP Football and 01 Bowman were busts all the cards had poor corners and lots of chipping - looks like the packs where moved around a lot.

Overall was a fun rip - thanks for setting it up!

• Options
    Were any of the cards stuck together in the packs?
  • Options
    ElToroLoco
    CarsonPalmer
    miconelegacy

steve just sent me a chaser email.. Please pay up or contact him if there is an issue.
    Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    a pack of sp football and 2 packs of basketball are now available.
  • Options
    Got my packs today. 2 - football, 2 - baseball, and 3 basketball. Very little star power. Nothing really worth noting. I need some help determining the inserts because I am not familiar with the sets.

In the 2001 Bowman Baseball there are blue border and red borders. What is the difference?

In the 96-97 Finest Basketball, can someone confirm that the Gladiator cards (bronze) are just the "stars" and the Apprentice are the rookies.

Please let me know.

Paul
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options

<< <i>In the 2001 Bowman Baseball there are blue border and red borders. What is the difference? >>

Blue border are the rookies. Red are the vets.
  • Options
    any takers on the last 3 packs? i would add them nut dont want to pay shipping twice
  • Options
    I'll take the last 2 basketball...I don't really want to pay the shipping for a second time, but maybe I will pull something expensive that I can sell that I don't really care that much about for my personal collection!!! image
  • Options
    I paid Thursday and the packs were shipped same day. Can't wait, I also bought 4 80-81 Topps Basketball. Will post results.

Thanks again for putting this together.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    FYI: I just emailed Steve, mine will be paid by Monday. -ElToro
  • Options
    cool. Now we just need someone to take that last pack of SP.. and see some scans of the manning, crosby, kobe and pojols rookies
  • Options
    My 5 hockey packs had no good pulls. The top card in each pack had some damage though.
  • Options
    just opened my packs. Got complete zero. Good news for the rest of you.
  • Options
    I pulled a nice "TOE" Nash from the baseball, but that was about it. Fun rip though!
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I got zilch. A good looking gold David Robinson that has no 10s, so maybe I'll send it in on the next $4.50 special and hopefully make a few bucks out of it.
  • Options
    My first 2 packs (of 4) of the 96-97 Finest Basketball arrived today. Best card was the Silver "uncommon" Karl Malone card. I did get 2 Apprentice Rookie cards, but they must not have been very good players since I have never heard of either one of them!!! image My other 2 packs will probably get here Wednesday. I will report back then.
  • Options
    There is still one pack of SP left. Did anyone get anything good. So far the they thing decent was the bryant rookie.
  • Options
    Maybe someone can pick up that last pack with their next purchase at BBCE... save on the shipping at least. Sucks that we have one left unsold.
  • Options
    OK...got my other 2 packs of Finest Basketball. MUCH better than the first 2. There were 5 Apprentice Rookies(4 that I really wanted: Jermaine O'neal, Derek Fisher, Shareef Adbur-Raheem and Marcus Camby) And the stars were better...Scottie Pippen, Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton and Mitch Richmond. I didn't get the Iverson like I was hoping I would, but I am happy with what I did get. but it was a fun rip. Thanks for putting it together! image
  • Options
    Can I get dibs on that last pack of SP Authentic please? Thanks. I need one for my unopened collection.
  • Options
    Sure. Just mention you are part of the group rip when you señd your payment to bbc