Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post a NEWP that is NOT from the UK, Canada, Switzerland or Germany...

LOL! I have not purchased anything that has not already been posted, but to be honest with you there has to be some other country out there besides the choices that have been posted to the point of "Come on, enough already!!!"

I am one to talk, I know. I do not post a lot of my own newp's, but it gets tiresome seeing the same old pieces, such as the unattainable or in your face "you cannot afford it" type posts.

Let us see some of the posts that really accent the average collector. I really like Billy Kingsly's and Willie Boyd's posts. How about some obscure coinage for a change!!! I have often started posts with such, but have not gone far with them. Anyone else?

-Dan

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I'll have a really obscure one to post later image

It's no artistic beauty, but it's interesting...
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    OK, I've got a few. All of these were under $20.

An 1816 8R from Peru

A mint state 1727 2 Stuiver from Holland (got lucky with this one, it was picked from a blurry picture on the 'bay)

And some exonumia, an Australian 1919 Peace medal.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭

Germany, Switzerland and England are the only things I buy. Sorry I posted the Brit newps today, I'll try to cut back.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Peace medal!image
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This arrived as one of a set of six:

Kuwait 100 Fils 1975

I like the boat.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    mumumumu Posts: 1,840
  • Options
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That's a pretty Balboa!
  • Options

<< <i>That's a pretty Balboa! >>

Thanks, updated the pics a bit.
  • Options
    OchoRealesOchoReales Posts: 1,500
    One day old! NEWP it is!

1808 Bolivia (Potosi PTS) 1 Escudo

Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Here's one I picked out from a dealers "junk" box in old town Temecula, California. It was in the 50 cents each box. 1782 French Guiana 2 Sous.

I bought 12 coins that day, which was discounted to 5 bucks~ image

<< <i>Germany, Switzerland and England are the only things I buy. Sorry I posted the Brit newps today, I'll try to cut back. >>

DO NO SUCH THING! While I may not collect them and am unable to afford uber expensive coins, I enjoy looking at them and while I will probably never ever collect Brit coinage per se, I may find a "uber" rare one sometime in a "melt" bucket and save it from destruction just because I saw one here. Post away!

Edited to add the quote...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Under $50 class...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Scheepjes schelling- VOC dutch merchant ship - 6 stuivers - 5 Grammes - diameter 25mm - the United Netherlands, province of Zeeland 1763 unreported overstrike 1762 $50 paid

motto reads: ITA RELINQUENDA UT ACCEPTA which translates as: spend it as you received it

common practice was to cut a little bit of silver of the roulating coins, after a couple of dozen coins clipped,
    there was enough scrap silver to melt and make 1 new coin.

since these coins were exported to Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and the Dutch Indies (Indonesia) by the VOC
    probably nobody understood this friendly request in Latin overthere.

Provincial shield & crown of Zeeland - Lion halfway in the waves - LUCTOR ET EMERGO - translates I struggle and survive
    motto: MON(ETA) NOV(A) ARGENT(UM) ORDIN ZELAND translates: new silver coin as ordered by the province of Zeeland
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's one that's not very new but it's never been shown before. I got it back in March and just scanned it about two weeks ago. I found it in a local dealer's assorted world bin for 10 cents. I love those bins! I would say my ratio of dealer purchases are 75% from the assorted world bins.

This coin has the most interesting texture I've ever seen. It's also large...larger than a US half dollar. It's my first non-US comemerative as well

Russia 1970 Rouble Commemerative, Lenin's Birth
    imageimage

I have no idea what the motto says, and I didn't recognize Lenin's profile, but I knew it was a comem and it was big, so I brought it home!

Here is another that I actually got at the same day, from the same bin, for the same price. I knew what this one was and had to get it. It's my second sqaure coin. It looks better in real life, nickel coins on the scanner generally look terrible.

Aruba 1998 50 cents
    imageimage

Edit: Me fail English image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is a newp of mine that falls into your thread needs.

French Colonies 1839 10 Centimes in PCGS MS64RB - latest item for my OCD set.
    Pic does'nt do justice though..the piece looks closer to the reverse just couldn't get a good shot of the obverse.

Marc
  • Options

For my silver 1979 OFEC collection.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    Not exactly a NEWP but I couldn't find another category to post this bad boy under image

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    1837Lima North Peru NGC XF45