Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sticker residue on the back of a graded holder

Boy, I sure hate buying a card on eBay or somewhere and having it ship to me with a price or inventory sticker on the back. I tried taking it off but there is still some residue on there and it's sticky. Got any tips on how to make it clean and smooth again?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goo Gone works really well.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    using the peeled off sticker...keep pressing the sticker back on the slab, then pull off, then press it down again and pull off....repeat doing this. The sticker residue tends to re-stick to teh label not the slab.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I use Meguiar's Plastic Polish which you can find at most auto parts stores such as Kragen. It's primarily for taillights on your car but it works great on PSA slabs.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>using the peeled off sticker...keep pressing the sticker back on the slab, then pull off, then press it down again and pull off....repeat doing this. The sticker residue tends to re-stick to teh label not the slab. >>

That's what I do too. Or use some clear packing tape. It's usually pretty sticky stuff and will slowly pull off the residue from the sticker.
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    WD-40
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WD-40 >>

and dish detergent and your good to go.

Squeaky clean...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WD-40 is perfect to clean slabs. Get two paper towels...spray a little on one and rub the area vigorously, immediately wipe dry with the clean towel. Presto, the glue is gone and any other stuff on the slab.

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Yep, WD-40 is the solution. It also removes scuff marks off your floor image
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, DO NOT use nail polisher remover as it melts plastic---learned this the hard way. I struggled tonight with soap and water----wished I had read this thread about the wd40 beforehand....
  • Options

<< <i>Goo Gone works really well. >>

+1 and it smells good too!
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Goo Gone works really well. >>

+1 and it smells good too! >>

I use Goo Gone as well, it works pretty good.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.