Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newp #1 Uruguay FAO Proof #2 Added

Mintage on these is 250.(Krause says 350 but Krause incorrectly reports mintage for several pieces in this series.)
I came across 4 in 1 week. 1 was whizzed badly the other may have been ruined by a chemical. The other 2 I bought image Here's #1

imageimage
imageimage

And now #2:

Nice Plum purple toning on this one makes the fields darker and the cameo contrast better even though this one might grade a bit lower than the other one.

imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Al i love them both but more so on pic/coin 2 than coin 1... I am not beyond the darkside i love them when i see the right one for me as well. although i have none for the moment. Look at my icon i used to own it .image So are you sending these in for grading?
  • Options

<< <i>Al i love them both but more so on pic/coin 2 than coin 1... I am not beyond the darkside i love them when i see the right one for me as well. although i have none for the moment. Look at my icon i used to own it .image So are you sending these in for grading? >>

These pics are both the same coin. I think I am going to send them in, just not sure whether NGC or PCGS yet. I think the pronged NGC slab might be a better choice as the coin has edge lettering.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the FAO something to do with food? If so, why is there what appears to be a lizard on coin? (lol)
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    mumumumu Posts: 1,840

<< <i>Isn't the FAO something to do with food? If so, why is there what appears to be a lizard on coin? (lol) >>

Pretty sure lizards get eaten somewhere. Though ive never had any.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Intriguing designs. I like it!
  • Options
    mumumumu Posts: 1,840

<< <i>Intriguing designs. I like it! >>

Yes a modern(at the time) take on the classic sun of may design seen as in the coin in your av and the country's flag.
  • Options
    These both went PF66 Ultra Cameo ATS
  • Options
    Pretty good first submisision I think.

• Options
    Nice!