Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congratulations, Brian

On an absoultely awe-inspiring run of cards. Cheers to the hopes that you might add some scans! What a monster effort and an amazing collection:

Bow your heads!
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    All I can say is WOW! What an undertaking this is. You have a right to hold your head HIGH. Very impressive to say the least. Congrats.

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Quick and stupid question -- what does the "M/G" rating mean for the Wagner card? I am probably the only guy on this board not to know...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I believe its for the pedigree McNALL/GRETZKY...jay
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Jay is correct...pedigree McNALL/GRETZKY

Carlos
  • Options
    Phenominal!

When you look at that set, you're not exactly travelling through the poor part of town.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options

Very, Very, Very impressive!! I wonder if there is any possibly of pictures??? image

even without .... a truly inspirational collection.

ChrisKK

Topps 1970
  • Options

<< <i>I believe its for the pedigree McNALL/GRETZKY >>

So what is the numeric equivalent? Is it a 9? Is it a 1?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Really amazing! Over ten years to reach that point. Amazing.
  • Options
    Wow!!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I think the M/G card is graded an 8. I also think it was the first graded card with cert# 00000001.

I've never seen the card but would love to some day.

aconte

• Options
    Aconte

Thanks for the info. I am glad PSA doesn't use my initials as a grade, somehow I don't think "BS" would add much value to any of my cards image

Brian S.

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    It was named after Bruce McNall and Wayne Gretzky.

"Only 24 Honus Wagners were thought to be left back in 1991 when hockey player Wayne Gretzky and coin dealer Bruce McNall teamed up to buy one for $451,000 in a high-profile auction at Sotheby's. A Record card price at the time"

imageimage
  • Options
    Very impressive to say the least.

Who is Brian?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Well -- I will say what I think is fair to say publically. He is Brian Seigel -- advanced super collector. He actually told me yesterday that he has five more of the Hall of Famer's, but was having problems uploading them.

He did not seem to be especially keen on the notion of putting the pictures up. If you check the population of some of the T-206 HOF'ers, you will realize what a rare and difficult accomplishment this was.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    His initials are "BS" too. I would suggest he not got the M/G route as a grade.

BS

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    MS,

Looks like he's got those cards added. Now he's only missing the Eddie Plank.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Can't see that happening, though. Plank has an SMR of $350,000, a population of one in PSA 8, and just happens to be in the collection of a former major league knuckleballer. What an amazing set, for sure!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    What happened to Brian's set? Did he remove it from the registry?

aconte
  • Options
    AlfiewtAlfiewt Posts: 337
    Brian's set is still listed (although mikeschmidt's link no longer works). I did notice that Kirk Harris's T206 set is no longer listed on the registry. I guess he decided to have it removed.