Home Sports Talk

Who would you pay to go see play ?

Is there any athlete out there now that you'd pay to go see play, or do you pay just to see the game itself ?
Is there anyone who is that much of a drawing card in any sport ?

I can think of the kid pitching in Washington right now, but is there anyone else in any other sport that you'd go out
of your way to go see ?

Comments

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope

Steve
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    well, at the beginning of the season, i bought tix for the upcoming DET/SEA series because i never got to see Griffey.... Guess i missed that too!! he up and retired on me! other than that, if there were an ace matchup, i'd go. Saw Verlander/Sabathia go at it. that was fun... The Sabathia/Halladay upcomer should be a fun one too. and yes, i almost drove 3hrs to see Strasburg in CLE.... Sometimes, it's worth seeing a legend ply their trade. Like when Jordan came to town in the 80s, or Kobe/LeBron now, or maybe Peyton Manning. Even if you know yr team is gonna lose, it's fun to admire...
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Favre for me. And I'd pay to see Toews from the Blackhawks also.

No one in baseball really, I'd rather see a soccer game. image
  • jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    ANNA KOURNAKOVA..even better watching her sans undergarments
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Soemthing like Strassburg v. one of the Giant's guns here in Nor Cal would be a fun game. I might drive over for that game.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ANNA KOURNAKOVA..even better watching her sans undergarments >>

1998 called. They want their answer back. >>

Actually, I think that answer still works in 2010....Unless she's fat now.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Can't think of anyone now, but for what it's worth, alot of Detroiters paid to go to that miserable Silverdome, just to see Barry Sanders for years.
    He always had the potential to light it up with one of his jaw dropping runs.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Usain Bolt & Michael Phelps
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Usain Bolt is at the top of my list.

Strassburg, Kobe, Lebron, Jimenez, Adrian Peterson(you never know what to expect 300 yds. or 4 fumbles), Pujols, Jeter (class act and great player)

Women's olympic gymnastics- Shawn Johnson.