Home Sports Talk
Options

Jamie Moyer tazed in Fenway

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
Moyer rocked for 5 runs in the 1st inning and sent to the showers. Final 12-2.

Hopefully the Red Sox continue to pound away and move up...the Phillies appear to be going downhill.

Comments

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe those 65 mph sliders wern't getting by the red sox hitters.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was ugly, but sooner or later the Phillies hopefully will get hissed off enough at games like this and turn things around. Baseball is a game of streaks and right now the Phillies are in a losing streak...that should change...this team is too good not to win the NL East.

I'm predicting the Phillies get motivated over this embarrassing game, get their adrenaline going, and kick some Red Sox arse on Saturday. If not, the Phillies are in a bit of trouble.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm predicting that the Phillies have become a bunch of satisfied mercenaries just looking to collect their paychecks...the changing of the guard is here and the Sillies won't finish in first or second place this season. Book it...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm predicting that the Phillies have become a bunch of satisfied mercenaries just looking to collect their paychecks...the changing of the guard is here and the Sillies won't finish in first or second place this season. Book it...image >>

I'm not gonna say at this point there's not a possibility that you may be correct. Happens with all teams sooner or later, ya just hope it doesn't happen to your winning team for as long a period as possible...and hopefully not to the 2010 Phillies.

Still plenty of season left to turn things around for the Phillies, and I'm saying they need to begin that today...if they can't get hissed off and motivated enough about yesterday's embarrassing loss, and come back and defeat the Red Sox today, that would be a very bad sign.

Phillies win today's game 7 - 3.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    At least they didn't get shutout.

That big contract they unnecessarily gave Howard probably pissed off a few too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>At least they didn't get shutout.

That big contract they unnecessarily gave Howard probably pissed off a few too.

Steve >>

That was a coincidence, nothing more.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    last night must have been getting bombed night, I noticed James Shields gave up ten runs in his game......must have been saving the Rays bullpen.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What is wrong with the Phillies this year? They have no balls, no fire, nothing at all like last year's team. They are painful to watch at times.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It was a coincidence that they didn't get shutout? lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Philly is too good to not be playing better than they are.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Utley is like a car running out of gas.