Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Need everyone's opinion on a trade please:

What do you guys think I should do? Me and another member (won't say, but you may be able to figure it out) agreed to a big trade, but he won't respond and I haven't gotten my cards yet (even though we agreed to the trade on 3/6).

I told him to insure for $300 (to cover the cards he was sending me), and I told him I'd insure the cards I was sending him for $400. Well, I haven't received my cards yet, and it has been almost 3 WEEKS.

The thing that bothers me the most (other than not receiving my cards) is the fact that he won't respond to any of my AOL IM's, CU PM's, or e-mails.

What should I do about this trade? It took me a LONG time to get all of these cards together for him, and now he won't even complete the trade that we agreed upon.

P.S. I don't know if he's on vacation or not, but I don't think he is because I've seen his s/n on the messanger show he's online quiet a few times.
want (in this order):
etopps
DVD's
video games & systems
CD's
Culpepper sportscards

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an all talk, no action trade. I don't beleive that this trade is going to happen.

Ref.
    Scott2141,SkiVermont3 ,Thematrix31, Autobilia, Co1lector, CoachVinny, Danmarinocollector, Vincesanity, Big Shane, ClippersFan21, Speedmaster, Awaltz, White Tornado, Sporto1633, Josher416, Donniebaseball23, weasel510, IAMSPORTSCARDSMAN, dewey, ejones06,Sonicsfan, JSA,ahares, threebearfan
  • Options
    What do you think I should do about it?
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    Same things going on with me and Bradley25..we agreed on a deal on 3/3. I sent on 3/5 and it is 3/25 today and still haven't gotten anything..I'm going to give him until the end of the week, then I'm going to take action. He hasn't been on, as he was usually a regular on here at night/during the day. I wonder because he has supposedly not sent out to other people also. Is this who it is? If so lmk because I would like to get to the bottem of this.

Mike

I hope I get the cards today in the mail and everything can be resovlved.
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • Options
    No, it's not Bradley. Also, I'm sure you can understand that I won't mention who it is (only deny/agree if asked) because I don't want to trash his reputation unless absolutely necessary. So, what should I do?

Btw, he was suppose to send 1st, but I have all these cards here ready to go out (and it took me FOREVER to get them together). We had an agreement (both verbal and written).

What should I do? What are you going to do with Bradley?
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    well, if you don't get any cards from him by today's mail then I would
    post him as a bad trader. I know who it is

hope you get your cards

ron
    THE CARD GOD IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NMMT ROOKIE CARDS
    IN BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL PRE 1990

http://www.jrccrum.freeservers.com/
    EMAIL IS JRCCRUM@AOL.COM

YAHOO IM IS JRCCRUMCARDGOD
    AOL IM IS JRCCRUM

REF : MOST EVERYONE

1ST TRADER OF THE MONTH WINNER
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Am I to understand you have not sent the cards to him yet? If not, tell him you'll give him a few days and then the trade is off. If you receive the cards after the given time, tell them you will only send the cards back
    to him if he reimburses you shipping. I know who you are taliking about and that's what I told him. He said
    he sent about two weeks ago, but nothing has gotten here so far.
  • Options
    You are trading with him too? He kept saying he'd get them out the next day, Monday, etc. Then I asked if he sent out and he said no because it was his birthday and tomorrow he couldn't send out because they are going to have a party for him (he could have done it on his birthday then). What really ticks me off is the fact that it would really add to my GU collection (which has been getting smaller instead of bigger) and one of them is a Pennington GU RC (which I want to add to my Pennington auto RC). I even offered him every since card that me and my dad has of all the players he's looking for for a lot less in trade and only $30 cash.

If the trade goes through, he is STILL getting a good deal (I'm only doing it because I need those cards and because getting rid of all my cards of the players he collects will REALLY cut down my cards available).

He won't reply to IM's, PM's, or e-mails though. I don't know what else to do. If he doesn't complete the trade, what should I do? I mean, it was a verbal and written (have proof) agreement (just like a contract).
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    If the cards dont make it... then really... you arent out anything. You arent losing any cards... just a few minutes of your time. Dont make a big deal about it. As far as the "I mean, it was a verbal and written (have proof) agreement (just like a contract)." that would come into play if you decided on taking the other person to court... and a Judge would prob decide that noone lost anything... no big deal. You are out a bit of your time... dont blow it out of proportion.
  • Options
    One of the main things is that the trade would allow me to get several cards I really need for my collection.

The MAIN thing is that this makes me think that he is a bad trader. I had Brees9 back out of a deal (even though I did a trade fine with him before this one), and look how many problems he started causing for people. If nothing else, this will give others an awareness of this guy.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    i see why you want people to send 1st all the time....
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
    CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya
    EBAY:150+FEEDBACK
    EMAIL:SPORTSGUY247@AOL.COM

I call them gimme girls they always tell me i can have it.

I'm just kiddin like Jason
  • Options
    yep. I mainly had to make up this rule because I got screwed 8/11 times at one point (even though they seemed to be good traders).
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    I don't blame them for not sending first to you...... i know i damn well wouldn't send first to your sorry a$$.............

did you ever think that if you ditched that "You Send 1st!" rule, you might get some respected traders to trade with you... you know... the ones that won't back out....... All you do is make a fool of yourself by having that in your sig line..........
    looking for any and all Kobe, Iverson and Nowitzki..........
  • Options
    8kobe8kobe Posts: 1,159
    Just sounds like u have been trading with the wrong people. I don't like when people don't send when they are supposed to. That is just another way to say that they don't trust you. I send at the same time. I am still waiting on someone's cards that weren't sent the day they were supposed to be. They had a problem so it doesn't bother me if I receieve soon. It would make me mad waiting for more then 2 weeks especially if I sent the day that I would. In my opinion a bad trader is someone who doesn't send period. Expose him even if you don't lose something.
    Interested in Kobe Bryant, Game Used, Rare Inserts, Rookies, and Autos.
    References: Derrick(3),Teletubbie, MT Grinch, Kenny21, Awaltz, 2323, sypako, hondo, CoryZbinden(2)biggjc, boopopo2, Cardnyou, nismo68, Speedmaster, Baljit and more

Owner of the longest actual word in the "One word Post"
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    imageimage...damn lmao

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    Kobe, that's how I feel, but want everyone else's opinions anyways.

Leon, you say that I would get some respected traders to trade with me if I dropped my rule?
    At least I have their respect by using my own name (and not hiding behind some fake name like "Leonsucks")

I'm sure, whether they like me or not, that everyone here respects me a WHOLE lot more than they respect you. At least I have references. Like I said, if I respond to a post like this, I use my REAL screenname. I don't create a fake one because I'm too scared of what people may think of me if I used my real name *looks right at LeonSucks*
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage...VERY WELL PUT CO1...i hate cowards !!!!!!!!

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    Me too. WHAT?!?
    Same here. WHAT?!?
    Dido. QUE?!?
    I said EXACTLY!!!

imageimageimageimageimage
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • Options
    I am in the exact same position with you collector, another member supposedly sent cards out a week ago but still havent received, We agreed on trade 3 weeks ago.....hmmmm?? I know he is busy and all but he did say he sent out which I am starting to doubt. If he didnt I would just like to know but wouldnt post as bad trader because I havent lost anything eitherimage Just an opinionimage
    WANTED:

ALL GOOD ROOKIE CARDS FROM ANY SPORT!!!

REF: DPSPORTS, SPEEDMASTER, nascar20, McDee(x2), Epag, Bradley25, Duncangal, Representcards, Drew(x2), Ahares(x2), Kenny(x2), 8kobe, jrrcrum, vittleboy, Remster, swides, robdemkis, LJMAYA, IversonMiles, BlackbirdXXX,RichyPF32