Home Sports Talk

Wally Backman goes nuts after being ejected!

Comments

• GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Hilarious! Thanks for posting.
  • I wish he was the still the D-backs manager. They only give him 2 days to turn that team around.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this a spoof? If not, it illustrates why the D-Backs fired this guy after 2 days...no class..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Was this a spoof? If not, it illustrates why the D-Backs fired this guy after 2 days...no class.. >>

It's legit. It's from a documentary on an independent league ball club, the South Georgia Peanuts.

BTW grote, that guy with "no class" is coaching Mets minor leaguers in Brooklyn right now....
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < Was this a spoof? If not, it illustrates why the D-Backs fired this guy after 2 days...no class.. >>

It's legit. It's from a documentary on an independent league ball club, the South Georgia Peanuts.

Sounds like he went overboard knowing he was mike'd up..throwing all the equipment on the field like that was really bush league for a guy who's complaining about the lack of professionalism in the league in the other clip..

Edit: I know Wally well from his days as a Met in the 80s, but his affiliation with the Mets doesn't excuse behavior like that..he was a sparkplug then (with Dykstra) and the Mets were known for starting lots of fights everywhere they went back then, but as a manager you got to maintain some level of self control if you want to set an example for your the younger players..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.